Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace the seals on my clutch rod. Took the clutch slave off. Grabbed the rod and it would only move a inch out. Won’t budge past that. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Its stuck in the center push button piece in the clutch pressure plate. There is a hole in the very center of most of them. You can usually push it out with a small pun or compressed air but some times the whole bobbin comes out with/without the bearing. Take the pressure plate off and pull it from the other side. It will be easier and if it comes out with the center piece there wont be am issue.

·
Registered
474 Posts
You are on the right side of the bike and trying to pull the rod through the clutch itself or are out on the slave side trying to pull it out through the left side? If out are on the right side(clutch side) and cant pull the rod through then you have the rod that has the anti rotation pin. If you have that anti rotation pin you will not be able to pull thw rod out that way. Basically is a pin that is drilled through the like a "t" . That pin slides into the slave cylinder and makes it so you dont spin the guts of the slave cylinder and cause slave cylinder failure. Notice the pin on the far side of the rod. The newer bikes have that pin and some people upgraded the older bikes to this design.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Then it is stuck in the center bobbin in the bearing pressure plate. Its common. If there is a tiny hole in the center of that bobbin then you can try using something to push it out or compressed air. It is for sure stuck in that bobbin if you are unable to pull it through. The 1in movement is the bobbin and rod pulling out of the bearing and hitting the output shaft. Once it hits the output shaft it has nowhere else to go unless you push the shaft out of the bobbin. This is corroded on the end of the rod right now. When you put it back together apply a little antiseize or grease

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With that said, how do I get it out? Do I keep pulling from the clutch side or do I have to do something else? Sorry kind of lost here.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
remove the clutch pressure plate and it will come out with the plate, or pull out the rh side then.

·
Registered
474 Posts
What belter said, or you could use something to get leverage on the rod and pull. If you put your belt/leather/rubber between some pliers and the rod yoy can get a good grip. Problem is that piece will probably fall down into the clutch and you will have to remove the pressure plate to put it all back together anyways. Your call.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
generally it comes out with the pressure plate. i don;t recall the last time a dry clutch pushrod just slid out the lh side. those anti rotation clusterfuck pins you often have to punch out to get the fucking thing out. morons.

·
Registered
474 Posts
You must not have taken many apart or are trolling . You are trying to say that the anti rotation pin must be punched out every time the rod is removed? You are so silly. If the rod has no anti rotation pin it can be removed form either side. This is a well known fact, moron. You actually have more potential for damage to the o rings and the output shaft pushrod seal on the clutch side, moron. ESPECIALLY if you want to push them new o rings back into the bike from the clutch side. You must be trolling, moron. I understand, times are rough, you need to vent but your logic is so fucking flawed, moron. I hope more people take the time to correct you as opposed to just reading for the entertainment. There is a reason that the new bobbins have a sealing o ring machined into it as well as everyone that supplies them saying that you must anti seize or grease the tip. You are quite the silly pants.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If the push rod doesn't want to come out the clutch side it could be the little needle roller bearing in the end of the gearbox input shaft. Put a bit of grease in there and make sure the bearing is OK. It sometimes gets stuck.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Pretty sure neither of those guesses about our friend belter are correct...
You must not have taken many apart or are trolling . You are trying to say that the anti rotation pin must be punched out every time the rod is removed? You are so silly. If the rod has no anti rotation pin it can be removed form either side. This is a well known fact, moron. You actually have more potential for damage to the o rings and the output shaft pushrod seal on the clutch side, moron. ESPECIALLY if you want to push them new o rings back into the bike from the clutch side. You must be trolling, moron. I understand, times are rough, you need to vent but your logic is so fucking flawed, moron. I hope more people take the time to correct you as opposed to just reading for the entertainment. There is a reason that the new bobbins have a sealing o ring machined into it as well as everyone that supplies them saying that you must anti seize or grease the tip. You are quite the silly pants.

Reactions: araitim
1 - 15 of 15 Posts