Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a briefing on what to expect. Tank is loose. They said bring it in well take pics to submit to Ducati. Probably replace w/new tank. They admitted its insanity. They want 300 to send out for coating and are mysterious about who does the coating and what the coating is.

I'm relatively new to ducatis but I caswell coated my steel norton interstate successfully for 35 bucks. Of course no guarantee

Will they try to foist the new tank mounts off on me if the tank is marginally compromised? Dont really know my rights as I've only followed this for about a month.

Have ther been successful caswell treatments w/ the right application?

After the tank spreads/settles does it eventually stabilize?

Lots of questions lots of uncertainty. Sorry for beating a dead horse.

Thanks, Rick

6,048 Posts
I do not know who is doing the costing but what we have discovered is most places do not prep the inside enough for the Caswell to adhere.
If they are following the directions Caswell supplies there is a good chance it will not last for a long time.
We etch and scuff up the inside of the tank for more then 10 hours with special abrasive media. The Caswell direction states to put some dry wall screws in it and shake it.
So 10 hours on a rotating machine with special media or Shaking until your arms get tired.... Which one would you think does a better job at scuffing up the inside?

Need a briefing on what to expect. Tank is loose. They said bring it in well take pics to submit to Ducati. Probably replace w/new tank. They admitted its insanity. They want 300 to send out for coating and are mysterious about who does the coating and what the coating is.

I'm relatively new to ducatis but I caswell coated my steel norton interstate successfully for 35 bucks. Of course no guarantee

Will they try to foist the new tank mounts off on me if the tank is marginally compromised? Dont really know my rights as I've only followed this for about a month.

Have ther been successful caswell treatments w/ the right application?

After the tank spreads/settles does it eventually stabilize?

Lots of questions lots of uncertainty. Sorry for beating a dead horse.

Thanks, Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts