Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Taking her back to her birth country.

Hi guys,

So on tuesday evening May 29th I'm off to Italy to take my Paul Smart back to the country she was born in.

Plan is to take the bike on my trailer to the Torino region.
There I will go to the Fresco factory to discuss exhaust plans and than ride her down 1000km to Sorano in the Grosseto region where Sportclassici.it have their anual meeting + ride-out on the first weekend of June.
Than I ride back up 1000kms via another route back to my car and trailer and head back home for another 1000km.

I will try to keep you guys updated with as much pics as I can take.

Some pics :

- Route down to the meeting
- Route back to the car
- The bike ready to roll
- Tried some saddle bags out but seems they cannot stand the heat from the exhaust. hmmm ... will have to figure that one out ... or travel lighter.

Cheers,

KS.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys. I will visit the Borgo Panigale factory too.
The twisties on the east side of Italy are gorgeous.
Weather is great too. 25 Celcius

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Hi guys,

So on tuesday evening May 29th I'm off to Italy to take my Paul Smart back to the country she was born in.

Plan is to take the bike on my trailer to the Torino region.
There I will go to the Fresco factory to discuss exhaust plans and than ride her down 1000km to Sorano in the Grosseto region where Sportclassici.it have their anual meeting + ride-out on the first weekend of June.
Than I ride back up 1000kms via another route back to my car and trailer and head back home for another 1000km.

I will try to keep you guys updated with as much pics as I can take.

Some pics :

- Route down to the meeting
- Route back to the car
- The bike ready to roll
- Tried some saddle bags out but seems they cannot stand the heat from the exhaust. hmmm ... will have to figure that one out ... or travel lighter.

Cheers,

KS.
Wow ...looks like a great ride ! You should do the whole thing on your SC. It never ceases to amaze me how small Europe is . I am shipping my SC to Britian in 2014 ..attending the Isle of Man TT then ride to Misano for MotoGP and World Ducati Week . Only 2185kms \ 1357 miles and 6 freakin' countries ! Amazing !

Muzz

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow ...looks like a great ride ! You should do the whole thing on your SC. It never ceases to amaze me how small Europe is . I am shipping my SC to Britian in 2014 ..attending the Isle of Man TT then ride to Misano for MotoGP and World Ducati Week . Only 2185kms \ 1357 miles and 6 freakin' countries ! Amazing !

Muzz
Problem is that I only have 6-7 days and I don't feel like twice doing 1000km straight on the highway.
That's totally useless.
If I would've had 3 weeks I would've taken the scenic road all the way down to where I now start.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Bugger, I'd wished I could have joined on that trip. :(

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bugger, I'd wished I could have joined on that trip. :(
I have room for one more bike in my trailer.
Feel free to join me.
We just split all costs.
Or we can meet-up in Italy.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is where we are heading :

Attachments

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bagged The Fuck Up !

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Wow

That is going to be some serious riding. Good to be conservative...I've ridden from Napoli to Bologna in one day on my GT and finally cut over onto the A1/E35 just south of Firenze (right around where you cross over it) because I underestimated how much it takes out of you staying on the minor roads....and how much I enjoyed the caffè stops, haha. Have a great trip!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went, I rode, I won.

Winning both prizes, elected in Italy by Italian Sportclassic afficionados means everything to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
pics ...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts