Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,
I've got a cortech tailbag but really too big for the bike, anyone have recomendations on a good one. Note I've no passenger brackets so can't anchor to them

Chris

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a RKA tail bag that I attach under passenger seat on a 1098 and it has worked great for my trips. Its expandable and is easy to install and remove. I admit its not and ideal solution for everyone but it does work well. Rock solid and stable.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've used the Kriega, US-20 tailbag with good results. Secured it with the supplied straps and two bungy cords. I found the stock license plate holder served as a good tie down point.

·
Registered
43 Posts
DP Bag

As DP stuff goes, the tail bag for the streetfighter is reasonably priced. Good fit, does the job. Will hold a rain suit and a little more. I am happy with mine.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Latest issue of Super Streetbike p 24 has a product review of an expandable tailbag on what looks like a 1098 tail. Check out;
www.thecycleguys.com
they call it a 'fastpack" $69.95

·
Registered
11 Posts
Latest issue of Super Streetbike p 24 has a product review of an expandable tailbag on what looks like a 1098 tail. Check out;
www.thecycleguys.com
they call it a 'fastpack" $69.95
Yep, those pics in Super Streetbike are of a 1098 with a FastPack installed. In case you were wondering, the FastPack fits over your stock passenger seat, it has a stretchy elastic shroud, and velcro straps that attach to each other underneath. Looks and functions as a padded seat cover when zipped down, so you don't ever have to remove it. Pop your seat off, put the FastPack onto the seat, then pop it back on as usual. Not recommended for use over a cowling.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a RKA tail bag that I attach under passenger seat on a 1098 and it has worked great for my trips. Its expandable and is easy to install and remove. I admit its not and ideal solution for everyone but it does work well. Rock solid and stable.
I'm curious how you attached the RKA bag. I have one also, and it uses rubberized hooks. Unfortunately the hooks were too thick to work with either the monoposto or passenger seats, so I had to rig up something with the fender eliminator and roc-straps attached to the passenger peg brackets:

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What tankbag do you have on the front. I'm looking at an eclipse but I'm a bit worried on how the strap on bags will deal with the notches in the tank (where the forks go on full lock)

Chris

I'm curious how you attached the RKA bag. I have one also, and it uses rubberized hooks. Unfortunately the hooks were too thick to work with either the monoposto or passenger seats, so I had to rig up something with the fender eliminator and roc-straps attached to the passenger peg brackets:

]

·
Registered
206 Posts
What tankbag do you have on the front. I'm looking at an eclipse but I'm a bit worried on how the strap on bags will deal with the notches in the tank (where the forks go on full lock)

Chris
The one I got was the Wolfman Explorer Lite (http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Tank/ExplorerLite.html). I think it is designed for the KLR 650 and dual sport bikes like that, but it worked fine on the SF. (I think I had the universal mount straps though.)

If you could find one the same dimensions, but not angled, it might look better, but I was up against a deadline, so couldn't be too choosy.

Basically, I attached the front straps to the frame, below the air cleaner covers (this meant I didn't have to remove the covers), and to the frame members under the seat. (You do have to remove the seat and fish the strap around the bit of plastic.) Note where I put the cross piece to hold the front straps in place so they didn't flop around during fillups.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exc. photo and info!! Thanks for posting!
Chris

The one I got was the Wolfman Explorer Lite (http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Tank/ExplorerLite.html). I think it is designed for the KLR 650 and dual sport bikes like that, but it worked fine on the SF. (I think I had the universal mount straps though.)

If you could find one the same dimensions, but not angled, it might look better, but I was up against a deadline, so couldn't be too choosy.

Basically, I attached the front straps to the frame, below the air cleaner covers (this meant I didn't have to remove the covers), and to the frame members under the seat. (You do have to remove the seat and fish the strap around the bit of plastic.) Note where I put the cross piece to hold the front straps in place so they didn't flop around during fillups.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I finally got around to buying the cycle guys rear seat bag, installation took 5 minutes and fit is exc. when empty and zipped it doesn't look that much different from the rear seat.

Very happy as now I don't have to stuff everything inside my jacket when I ride
!

http://www.thecycleguys.com/default.aspx?PageID=120&CategoryID=17&ProductID=97 I got the size 5 which is for sf, 1098 etc.

Chris

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, like my lunch, rain gear etc. My bike is a tool, not a weekend toy, I use for a daily rider to/from work. Since I sold the ape I need storage, ditto when I go on trips with it can't carry everything in the storage space under the seat, it's not a garage/trailer queen.

Not to mention the occasional stop to get something at the grocery or drug store.
Chris

Like what? Unless it's cold and I need back-up clothing, I don't usually need anything. What do you bring with you on a ride?

·
Bon Vivant
10,925 Posts
Oh, mine is not a trailer queen either but it is a toy and is not used for commuting or errands.
personally, I don't think I'd have a streetfighter if I needed a utility bike.

The new multi sounds like a better answer - in fact I love the idea of the new mutli,
it sounds like a really great bike for a great deal of uses.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the advice on the bike I "should" be riding. ;)

Chris

Oh, mine is not a trailer queen either but it is a toy and is not used for commuting or errands.
personally, I don't think I'd have a streetfighter if I needed a utility bike.

The new multi sounds like a better answer - in fact I love the idea of the new mutli,
it sounds like a really great bike for a great deal of uses.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I finally got around to buying the cycle guys rear seat bag, installation took 5 minutes and fit is exc. when empty and zipped it doesn't look that much different from the rear seat.

Very happy as now I don't have to stuff everything inside my jacket when I ride
!

The Cycle Guys Online Store I got the size 5 which is for sf, 1098 etc.

Chris
hi, can you give me a feedback on this tail bag? I am also in the market looking for a tailbag suitable for my 2011 SF, to be used for 2-3day trips.

thank you

1 - 20 of 37 Posts