Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a simple tail tidy that replaces all the OE parts (i.e. NOT the clever Palatov system).

RG racing are checking whether anything they make might fit (e.g. the 749 model looks promising)...

The FLEDA (Tron) LEDS are kinda cool, but a bit expensive and maybe not quite right what I had planned...

...and I've seen the wasp kit from Oz, but are there other simpler options from the generic manufacturers that anyone has tried successfully?

I'm just after a simple small oval rear light, and very small oval indies and plate hanger.

I'm UK based, also can't see why it should be too expensive...

Thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
See you found this place Dutch.

While I have the same tail tidy as weeksy I've also been looking at options for a while now.
I did consider using metal indicators from a bevel ( you can still get pattern ones and there are similar ones for motoguzzi, just have a trawl through UK ebay) and also using almost generic or reproduction parts.
I looked at various Lucas rear lights and also the vincent ones with the metal 'stop' overlay but haven't found any that have immediately jumped out at me.

The option I still have in my head is to convert a seat cowl and flush mount the brakelight on that,in the same way as I've seen some cafe racers done leaving only the indicators to resolve (possibly just leaving them off).

Thers a shed load of ways to do stuff and I've had a few ideas from searching through various cafe racer blogs and sites and also vintage and repro parts suppliers to see whats there.
I want something that fits with the overall design ethos of the original bike, I'm not averse to the odd 'improvement' here or there but stop at what I see as a modernising look of some modifications.

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
Coming in about a week or so
We have these to offer
THE FLEDA MINI
for
use with the FLEDA LEGACY Array
OR
mount them on your existing Lisc Plate bracket without the FLEDA Legacy Arrays
OR
Install it on out FLEDA Lisc Plate Bracket without the Fleda Legacy arrays

They all come ready to install with stock connectors

Bottom with plate light on top or top mount with plate light on bottom

Sides.

Side signals (shown in red) available in Yellow with Brake on bottom with Plate light on top or Brake on Top with Plate light on bottom

Range in price from $125 to $200

JC

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
Depends on where you live and ride

No aftermarket set ups are "legal" unless it is DOT or TUV approved.
even the Tail chop using the stock system is technically not legal as it has been modified to fit elsewhere and the Plate Bracket has moved.
Like I said it really depends where you live and ride.

The FLEDA Mini Plate is for USA plate sizes only
But
I am working on another system that would work with non USA plates using LED's and our Under Tail Plate Mounting Bracket
The FLEDA MINI INTERNATIONAL "FMI" :)

all units come plug and play
JC

That be very clever that :) They legal ?

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks fellas. Love the Fleda, although still trying to decide if it's just too modern or not... There is a kind of 1950s Jetson's / Flash Gordon retro spaceship thing going on, but I need to think - also I'm in the UK so need to pay shipping and wait for delivery etc...

Hey Weeksy, I was hoping it was you. Yes, picked the bike up today and I love it. Still have the SDR though. ;)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Thanks fellas. Love the Fleda, although still trying to decide if it's just too modern or not... There is a kind of 1950s Jetson's / Flash Gordon retro spaceship thing going on, but I need to think - also I'm in the UK so need to pay shipping and wait for delivery etc...
jshea said:
(link to post)

Didn't jshea just post about his unique system not too long ago? :confused: I don't think it alters the retro look of the bike too much, although plate mounting is completely on you at that point. Also, legality in the UK.

Maybe you should ask him where he got that light.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ini Plate is for USA plate sizes only
But
I am working on another system that would work with non USA plates using LED's and our Under Tail Plate Mounting Bracket
The FLEDA MINI INTERNATIONAL "FMI" :)

all units come plug and play
JC
So, when will this Euro version be ready? And how much will it be (shipped to the UK).

If I was to order one, I'd go for the simple, single-row of leds, with amber flashers at the outer edges as indicators, but obviously the US plate holder woudn't work.

Also, can I confirm it would fit on the biposto - with seat cowl on or off?

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Looking for a simple tail tidy that replaces all the OE parts (i.e. NOT the clever Palatov system).

The FLEDA (Tron) LEDS are kinda cool, but a bit expensive and maybe not quite right what I had planned...

...and I've seen the wasp kit from Oz, but are there other simpler options from the generic manufacturers that anyone has tried successfully?

I'm just after a simple small oval rear light, and very small oval indies and plate hanger.

I'm UK based, also can't see why it should be too expensive...

Thanks
You should show your license plate… Aussies and Americans are not familiar with that size
+ The rear should be street legal

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
A few weeks as I'm setting up the rear plates
I would be using the existing FLEDA rear lisc plate mounting plate that hangs off the tail.
It would be the USA plate size mounting space but you could make a adapter plate or drill some holes in the Bracket to allow the UK plates.
The FLEDA MINI will be a simple straight or slightly curved Single LED Bar with Brake turn and running lights. very simple and probably under $300
Not unlike the Lisc plate LED in the pictures I posted.
There may be a LED Light bar to illuminate the Lisc plate as a option too

and yes it will fit on a BiP with or without the seat
Like the FLEDA does on the BiP. The FLEDA Mini would just not have the FLEDA array on the Lisc Plate bracket
See pictures below

Our Tail Brackets so far has seemed to work for Euro plates.
Having sent many FLEDA tail kits to UK/Germany/France/Italy/Czech/ etc etc
...so far I have not heard anything negative or any real details as to how they address the Lisc plate mounting issues
Maybe someone could chime in that Has a Fleda with Euro/UK plates on their FLEDA? Please?

Cheers
JC

So, when will this Euro version be ready? And how much will it be (shipped to the UK).

If I was to order one, I'd go for the simple, single-row of leds, with amber flashers at the outer edges as indicators, but obviously the US plate holder woudn't work.

Also, can I confirm it would fit on the biposto - with seat cowl on or off?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts