Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all just got a quick question.

A long time ago I took off the mesh screens in my monoposto tail and now I found some replacements and want to put them back on. Anywho I cannot remember how they used to be held in place. Any recommendations?

Thanks All

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
If it's like the intakes, they're held in with a thick sticky strip, like a sort of putty, when I took mine out to enlarge the inlets and replaced with a more open, better-flowing mesh I used Bathroom/kitchen Silicone because it was what I had in the Garage - seems to be holding up OK, otherwise I would think a good thick glue like the hot melt stuff should work. :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Pretty sure it is contact cement.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I've used the black silicone that lowes or Home depot carry, is the same as the one used to seal car windshields, stay robbery and aesy to clean.

·
Registered
357 Posts
3M double sided sticky tape. Peel off the red and apply. Or in my case, I used super glue over the used 3M tape.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have used Shoe-Goo for a long time. It is clear dries pretty quickly and is very strong yet removable. Another trick for the mesh grids is to use plastic baggies full of sand to weigh down the mesh during dry time.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I just bought a Ducati 999R CF fairing and was surprised to find the mesh is held on by little strips of double sided tape as mentioned......the mesh doesn't even stick on some sides. I would use a clear silicon adhesive. Just get the mesh to confrom properly and use a VERY LITTLE bead of silicone. Clamp or weight it down over night.

·
Come in Spinner :)
9,029 Posts
Stick em in place with a couple of dabs of hot melt glue then finish the job off with Silaflex neoprene.
Just did mine on the new fairings.

·
Premium Member
8,766 Posts
Like ZDM said, 100% clear silicon, I've used it many times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts