Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I have my bags off my turn signals are out so far and not very sturdy that I and other people seem to be breaking them.
Has anyone done any mods so there not so far out there?
I would like one solution so that I don't have to keep changing them with bags off or on. I have a 05 ST3
Thanks much
Bruce

·
Super Moderator
8,295 Posts
I´ve seen afew ST´s with the indicators moved further in to get them out off the way.

EDIT: My guess is that this wouldn´t be hard to do yourself. You just need to figure out where you want the stuff, then go to the hardware store.

Evoluzione.net has some parts do get it done.
Result

·
Registered
81 Posts
amullo said:
I´ve seen afew ST´s with the indicators moved further in to get them out off the way.

EDIT: My guess is that this wouldn´t be hard to do yourself. You just need to figure out where you want the stuff, then go to the hardware store.

Evoluzione.net has some parts do get it done.
Result
i have an evo kit that will be on sale soon on ebay if anyone is interested. I have the bracket and the the clear turn signal covers would probably looking for about 20 bucks plus shipping..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fender eliminator/ turnsignal relocation

If you have the panniers and mounts on your ST, the mounts, and the side panels on both sides of the bike have to come off to install the Evoluzione kit with the new license plate light that is included- also if the turn signal wiring is inside the pannier mount, it has to be pulled out and re-routed.
Or, so I found out.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Another option that I have seen, which requires a little work, is to change the mounting location on the pannier brackets to the inside. In other words, the directionals would point inward. I've seen this mod on someone's ST2, and it looked pretty good. The only problem I could see is a little reduction in directional visibility by other vehicles, when at more extreme angles. This option works with the bags on or off. I haven't really used my luggage much, so I bought the EVO kit, and relocated mine next to the plate.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Or you can do what I did with the installation of the Evoluzione fender eliminator kit. I spliced an additional set of connectors into the turn signal wires. That way, I don't have to remove the aftermarket turn signals that I installed on the fender eliminator kit. The mounts bolt right on, and then I plug the turn signals on the mounts into the additional connectors. Whala.......two set of turn signals. I did have to search long and hard for a set of turn signals that are the right length and not too inconspicious, due to the fact that with the stock turn signals on the fender eliminator bracket, they would rub (very slightly) on the bags when mounted. The ones I bought were about 1/4" shorter than stock, and they stick out far enough to be fully exposed from behind the license plate. Plus they have clear lenses!!!

P.S. I usually ride w/o the bags and mounts, so I only have two sets when on a trip.

·
Registered
34 Posts
JohnBoy: where did you find the turn signals that fit? My Evo kit arrived just today and haven't yet opened the box. I saw on another post where the signals rub the bags with this kit and I hope to avoid that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
First thing i did when I got my st4s home is look at that big hunk of plastic on the tail, and that has to go, so took it off and bent an aluminum bracket to mount the stock lights in narrow, mounted the plate on a plastic mount, and it looks good.

cost was $0, and that is priceless in ducati land!

·
Registered
4,000 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
birdrocks,

They came out of the Lockhart Phillips catalogue. They are 3 3/4" in length, compared to the stock at 4 inches. Sorry, but i threw away the box and don't have the part number.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts