Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

recently i purchased a 06 Sport 1000 and i´m loving it to bits!!
I have bought the bike already with the fleda tail lights fitted. I also received the standard lights in a box. I have one problem here where i live the Fleda are not allowed for street use so i have to remove them from my bike asap.
I love the standard rear light+turn signals but they are way big to fit on the rear of the bike. This is a gigantic forum and what i ask is can anyone point me out a thread where people explain how to "shorten" the real light+turn signals to fit the bike exactly as it is on the pics bellow:

Thanks guys!

Sport1000 is a beautifull bike!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I wrote it up briefly about a week ago ("OEM Taillights Modded") . If you're going to do it, pm me for further details and I'll be happy to try to help you avoid mistakes.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Thanks but i can´t buy from the States as the tax over here cost as much as the product itself :(

I will dig a bit more to see if i get a reasonable answer to this "problem"... made in Europe :)
Hey JP, I just ordered those and the guys from DP just mark them as 15USD on the Box so you pay no inport tax whatsoever. ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
With the Palatov unit you need to play around with the fit to get the lights to sit straight. Ive seen so many with that droopy rear look, just use sum spacers on the the rear bolt to lower the rear of the unit to level up the lights, much nicer look. If you need pics i can oblige. Good luck :)

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Hi matey, tell me what you mean by DP?? have you received the Palatov kit already at your home?

Cheers
yeap. it's installed already. received it here without a problem. took about a week and didn't have to pay any taxes at all. Package came marked as being worth only 15 usd. I'd say you can order it with confidence.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts