Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing exciting, but I'm happy to be rid of that massive fender/plate holder. To be fair, though, the OEM fender is one of the better looking ones I've seen.

Also installed Rizoma grips, DucaBike levers, bar end mirrors, and billet reservoir caps.

Termis should arrive by the end of next week...

Next project - quick change rear sprocket and 14T front.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I like that tag holder but I don't like how it leaves the underside open like that. If it had a plate cover of sort it would be the best option out IMO.

Sent from my...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Busy Morning

Installed the quick change rear sprocket, 14T front sprocket, and RK Gold chain this morning.

·
Registered
84 Posts
How do you like it with the 14T? Easy lifting the front I imagine...
I'm getting my 848SF Friday after 2 years with a Hypermotard 1100. I'm excited.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I'm just wondering what was wrong with the OEM chain that came on the bike? It seems like a waste to throw it out just to use a gold chain. I can't tell from the pictures. Is the new chain and sprockets a lighter smaller conversion kit for some minor weight savings on the chain?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
The gold chain does look much better, I put one on when the factory one gave out at around 13k.miles.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you like it with the 14T? Easy lifting the front I imagine...
I'm getting my 848SF Friday after 2 years with a Hypermotard 1100. I'm excited.
I like it a lot. Yes....it's wheelie town!

I'm just wondering what was wrong with the OEM chain that came on the bike? It seems like a waste to throw it out just to use a gold chain. I can't tell from the pictures. Is the new chain and sprockets a lighter smaller conversion kit for some minor weight savings on the chain?
Nothing wrong with the OEM. I didn't ditch the OEM just to have a new gold. I was installing the 14T and quick change rear sprockets and needed to shorten the OEM chain after installation. The only place open on Sunday was Cycle Gear. I had a choice - master link for the OEM or buy a new gold chain. They were out of master links and I wanted to ride. I think you can figure out what happened. I still have the OEM and will reuse later.

No real weight savings, as far as I know. Mostly aesthetic.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
That makes sense. I can't believe you have a motorcycle parts shop open on Sunday. That's not happening within hundreds of miles of me if at all. Just another reason to like Texas. I have family there.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup! Cycle Gear is a life saver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts