Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy. So I have a PS with zard exhaust and want to do a tail chop. Aside from the fleda system (which I think is awesome, but a little pricey. I'd rather spend that kinda money on other goods for the PS), does anyone know of a tail chop kit that won't interfere with the zard exhaust? I originally wanted to just do the flip trick with the stock brake/blinker lights, but that will not fit (maybe I'll just ride blinkerless...or maybe not). I'd prefer to be able to keep the current tail light and maybe just buy some aftermarket blinkers, but everything I've seen looks to be too wide.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Check out FLYERS Wasp equiped PS.

Here ya go.
This gives you an indication of what the Wasp tail chop looks like on a Zard equiped PS.

The Wasp tail chop kit is 100% "Plug & Play" with OEM factory connectors and includes LED front indicators.

This bike has had the exhausts polished since these pics and it looks absolutely STUNNING!!!
It has also recently had a WaspPUK installation that has transformed the way this bike feels with more than a 10% increase in Hp and Tq while considerably smoothing out is bad slow traffic habits and annoying "popping" on decel.

Enjoy,

Greg.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the flip trick and used a pair of watsen micro alloy blinkers.
http://www.watsendesign.com/Ducati/ducati_sport_classics.htm
Can you post a picture of this setup? I had considered this actually, but thought the micro LED blinkers would look odd attached to the stock rear light. I'm glad to hear that it has been done.

Regarding the WASP tail light chop kit, I'd prefer to keep the circular tail light motif going, so the WASP kit doesn't really do it for me.

Best,
Josh

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have the DPCars tail chop on mine with the zards... the right light is close to the top can but no problems...

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
wasp chop with watsens

very minimal, stays clear of my high pipes.

fyi - i added the plastic shield below the plate initially to stop spray over the tail, but i've since figured out that by simply drilling a second set of holes a little lower in waspies mounting plate i was able to lower the license plate enough to block the spray and the extra plastic flap is gone now...

the watsens are incredibly bright too.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the DPCars tail chop on mine with the zards... the right light is close to the top can but no problems...
I was under the impression that the dpcars tail chop was not compatible with zards...I think I read that on their website. And from pictures I've seen with this chop method, it looks like the blinker would surely make contact with the zard upper pipe. Do you have a picture of your bike's tail side? If the dpcars method works with zards, I would dig it.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have both the Zards and the DPcars tailchop.
Works without any problems, indicators stay well out of the way of the exhaustgases..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts