Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm driving a S4rs with a full termi. and I really like the look of a tail chopped monster. However, I'm afraid that my pipe will look/stand way too long after the operation. I bought the bike used ; my preference would have been a shortie. I dont really plan to remove the pipes but has anyone ever chopped like 2 inches off the pipes ? Is it a stupid idea (air pressure, etc) ? I dont plan to do it myself but I just testing my "concept".

Thanks for time, sorry for my english ...

·
Registered
59 Posts
There are people who have shortened the Termis but its a lot of work.I have an 08 S4Rs with the DP short tail and it lines up perfectly with the pipes. I wasn,t crazy about cutting the frame on a Tricolore. I have some pics in monster picture forum on one of the last pages...John

·
Registered
282 Posts
I didn't want to cut my frame either and do a standard tail chop, so I made a plate holder that replaced the stock unit but holds the plate a bit higher up. I have some pics of the piece I made if you want to give it a shot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Surprisingly enough cutting 3" off the Termis is not that difficult. I am amateur at best and it took me a couple of hours to complete the job. If you take your time and measure 3 times before cutting it will be no problem. I just recently cut the Termis so don't have pics yet. I had the tail chop for a couple of years before cutting the Termis. But after its done I am happy I did it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Main tip is to use some sort of powered saw. I used a Hacksaw and went very slowly (4 blades). I am sure using something else it would "cut":rolleyes: the time in half . The end cap can be tricky to put back on but after some tapping with a rubber mallet it went on nicely. Oh and I did not have a rivet gun either but used some very nice stainless screws to hold the end cap on. On another site a recommendation was to wear a mask while cutting (dust from CF), so make sure to do that. Otherwise just stress to take your time and it will turn out fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts