Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The used Hyper I bought came with the luggage rack and I am looking for a tail bad recommendation for it.

I love riding this bike. I've had more seat time in the last week or 2 than the last year on the 999.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Hey Greg,

Glad you're diggin the Hyper. The rear bag to go with is the DP soft, #96776408B, MSRP $175.30(though typically can get it for about $155-ish). Expands to over 10 liters and is weather-proof.

BTW, After long thought(and one really good ride :D), I've decided to keep mine. I'll get the SBK next year.

·
Registered
132 Posts
There are a few luggage threads. Search "tail" or "Cortech" or "Axio".

I have a Touratech tail bag that is made for the BMW HP2, but fits perfectly on the Hyper's tail. Like it was custom made.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=64763

Go to the bottom of the 2nd page for my post about the bag, including pictures.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I bought the coretech tri bag setup and love it, I also have the luggage rack.

I forgot to mention the coretech sport tail bag was $69 at newenough.com. Good quality bag.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have the Axio tailbag and I love it... it actually makes the bike look better, and gives some practicality. You won't be using it to tour with, but to take rain gear or be able to stop at the grocery for basics on your way home from work it is perfect. I never take mine off.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I forgot to mention the coretech sport tail bag was $69 at newenough.com. Good quality bag.
+1 I have this same bag and have used it on many bikes wont use anything else. I also have the sport tank bag it works great on the hyper

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the Axio tailbag and I love it... it actually makes the bike look better, and gives some practicality. You won't be using it to tour with, but to take rain gear or be able to stop at the grocery for basics on your way home from work it is perfect. I never take mine off.
+1, nearly invisible on the bike and easily moveable to other bikes

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
The used Hyper I bought came with the luggage rack and I am looking for a tail bad recommendation for it.

I love riding this bike. I've had more seat time in the last week or 2 than the last year on the 999.
Wolfman makes a great bag too. I love the tank and rear combo. Shown expanded.

B

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dp bag

Hey I bought the luggage rack and semi-permanently mounted it. I removed the license plate holder and mounted the plate on the center of the bag with the stock plate light above it. I ran the wiring through the bottom interior of the bag and mounted the blinkers to the bolts holding the tail light to the luggage rack. The bag works amazingly well as a back rest for the misses and even for me when I wear my backpack on long rides. Can't go wrong if you ride the bike more than you drive! Good luck.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Does anyone have pics of the AXIO bag mounted on the Hyper? I thought this bag would look great but from the dimensions I saw, it seemed it would be a little long.Do you mount it over the taillight?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Does anyone have pics of the AXIO bag mounted on the Hyper? I thought this bag would look great but from the dimensions I saw, it seemed it would be a little long.Do you mount it over the taillight?
Yeah if you mount it towards the taillight, it isn't long, and it looks like it was made for the HM. Crappy photos from garage...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts