Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the 2 tail tidy threads but still can't find all the bolts which hold on the old assembly.

I have the front end loose but can't find the bolts for the aft end of the assembly.

Help? Thanks

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
there are four bolts that hold the tail on.

the tail comes off in two pieces.. there are maybe five smaller screws that you have to undo to pull half the plastic tail off that covers the other two bolts that screw the tail on.
Two of the screws are up where you would think the remaining two bolts should be, then there are two more farther towards the rear of the tail, near where the blinkers attach, then one that is in center in a hole that points to the front. (I am spouting all this from memory so my screw count may be off.. there may be a couple more or a couple less, but they are there)
once you have all the screws off you can pop the lower plastic piece off and then undo the remaining two bolts.
unplug all the tail equipment
the right blinker has a D as part of the label (this is Destra, which is 'right' in italian) and the left blinker has an S as part of the label (Sinistra is left in italian).. I tell you this so you can unplug the blinkers and still know which plug went to which side.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I'll look at it again when I get home. Found the ones by the blinkers but not the one that points to the front--that must be the key. thanks for the italian lesson--would have figured out 'left' but not right. Those sinister, gauche lefties...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Done. Made this much harder than it had to be. Very easy excepting the fact that US plates don't fit.

going to go the blackie route and use some doublesided tape (thanks for the idea).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts