Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed that the light for my tach is out. Is this just a simple bulb replacement?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mmmm

I had the same failure at 16k km. I was told by a helpful member that it is a sealed unit and cannot be repaired.I had the bike a few months and had a "fogging" issue in the cluster that cleared up, so to speak.I was lucky enough to get the unit "good willed " by Ducati and only paid for the installation.My 06 St3 has 315 km showing but I have documentation showing the original mileage. I will share my paperwork if anyone needs to make a case...Good luck. BB

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
It was an easy fix with a very common bulb on my 2000 ST4. It was was in the manual, I believe 5watt 12v wedge base automotive type bulb, 'bout $1.50.

t_bare

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I recently had my dash off to fix a wild tach and replaced all of the bulbs. The rubber plugs will pry out. I used dielectric grease in the sockets and on the rubber itself to make it easier next time.

So yes, it's easy. Except that they used two odd bolts to hold the bracket on that seem to be made of aluminum. One was frozen of course and the allen head rounded out nicely. I replaced those with genuine bolts and cut some rubber tubing for spacers to make them a snug fit.

·
7,733 Posts
... I will share my paperwork if anyone needs to make a case...Good luck. BB
I think many, like myself, would appreciate that, since fogging of instrument pods in '04> models is a common issue. On on my thrid and it still fogs. One can't help but wonder if it will lead to premature failure of the lights/instuments from moisture damage.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hello
Never had the fogging (not on the tach, anyway, but the digital display is another matter...) but I, too, have removed and replaced all the dash bulbs on both my '02 and '03 4S's with minimal trouble.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's good news. Not that I ride at night that much, but now it's getting darker much earlier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts