Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 7.5a fuse keeps popping, it's been doing it for a little while now, so I replaced the fuse and refrained from using the blinkers, held for a little while but it still goes, it seems to be happening when the bike is decelerating, like decelerating from 7-8 grand.

Jumped the fuse and took amp draws with my meter, couple left blinks, couple right blinks, it never spiked above .3, revved it to try and simulate but nada, anywhere in particular I should look? Anyone else with a common problem once before?

Thanks
Ryan

·
Buzzing the tower
996 Posts
Check your blinker connections, both under the seat and in your headlight bucket. They are bullet-type connectors and sounds like some of the rubber shielding has slid down the wire on a connector exposing the metal of the connector. The movements accelerating and decelerating at 7-8 grand might be moving them enough to contact the frame/bucket.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Check your blinker connections, both under the seat and in your headlight bucket. They are bullet-type connectors and sounds like some of the rubber shielding has slid down the wire on a connector exposing the metal of the connector. The movements accelerating and decelerating at 7-8 grand might be moving them enough to contact the frame/bucket.
I sent you a reply, although I did replace the front turn signals awhile back, purchased them on ebay but from a german supplier by accident. (Didn't notice the item location) That wouldn't be problem would it? Like different Hertz or something like that?

Also I did look at those connections at least....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts