Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked around and didn't see anything on this issue, so...

2005 999. One day the tach decides it wants to live at 13K... all the time. Driving around, any speed, the tach just sits at 13K. Then the instrument screen goes blank (just glows). Couple days later, the bike is dead. Tow it in, couple days later I am told it was the battery.

That was a few months ago. Today... retreats to 13K and the instrument panel goes blank.

I would just run it in to my local shop (Austin Ducati) again, but it seems they are going through some transitions (fired everyone).

Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this. I checked the battery (12 -13 volts when off) and all the fuses. I ride it a few times a week, so it is not just sitting.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Sounds like it could be a bad instrument cluster. I know they had a few problems with those on earlier models. Did you replace the battery? I wouldnt necessarily rule it out.

The situation with DucAustin really sucks. I miss Jeff Brooks and the crew down there; good people

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. Not sure where to take my bike now. I wish it was something simple that I wouldn't have to go to a shop to fix.

We shall see on the new Ducati Austin. They are setting up shot in a boutique downtown. Hmmmm...

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
pull the fuses(side of the headlight ) and reinstall,heard it cures your problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WoW. That worked. I pulled the ones by the battery, but not the head.

I did pull them the first time this happened and it didn't cure the problem, but it did this time. Maybe the shop was right and it was the battery that time. Guess it wasn't this time. Thanks for the tip. Did you hear that from this board?

Thanks again

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
null, full edit. anyhow, moving back to austin on sunday with a backpack and my 748.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mine did that last week. Its a faulty instrument cluster. I'm getting a brand new one in this upcoming friday, under warranty of course. My shop just took a look at it, and said "gonna get you a new one." Easy as that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts