Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 848 come with synthetic or non synthetic oil from the factory? Any problems with putting in non synthetic for the first 1500 miles then switching to synthetic? I always did this with my Japanese bikes and they ran great. Lastly, whats do you guys think of Motul 5100?

·
Registered
49 Posts
none

If I remember correctly it's a synthetic blend from the factory and the dealer told me that none of the Shell products that Ducati recomends are available in the U.S. Synthetic oils are suppossed to keep their protective properties longer than petroleum based oils, and they better from the price you pay. You're supossed to be able to go around 5,000+ miles before an oil change with synthetics, depending on climate and driving conditions etc. as oppossed to 3,000 on petroleum. I run Repsol 15W-50 100% Synthetic Racing Oil in my 1098 and 748, mostly because it's available at every dealer in town. I plan on keeping my bikes for a very long time and price is no object when it comes to protecting my engines. Motul is a good reputable brand, I ran that in my GSX-R for a while before it became hard to find here and switched to Repsol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts