Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Just like the SF, tanks are made by Acerbis and they all have the same problem, now even the Diavels and the MTS, the ethanol is the problem, get the replacement tank under warranty and have it coated and that will be the end of it otherwise will happen again!
And to those that hasn't happened yet, coat the darn thing!
Acerbis is not changing the formulas just because the US uses fuel infected with ethanol!

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Just like the SF, tanks are made by Acerbis and they all have the same problem, now even the Diavels and the MTS, the ethanol is the problem, get the replacement tank under warranty and have it coated and that will be the end of it otherwise will happen again!
And to those that hasn't happened yet, coat the darn thing!
Acerbis is not changing the formulas just because the US uses fuel infected with ethanol!
Over what timescale!? My MTS 1200 is about 28 months and 26K miles old and I'm using ethanol laden gas like everyone else in the USA. No signs of any swelling.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Over what timescale!? My MTS 1200 is about 28 months and 26K miles old and I'm using ethanol laden gas like everyone else in the USA. No signs of any swelling.
I have no timescale but it appears that little by little more and more affected units pop up so unless it's not the ethanol causing it or if it is, some people are able to use ethanol free gas, it will eventually happen, it could be months, years or weeks but ethanol is ethanol.
A buddy of mine has a 2011 and around the top part of one side panel and by the screw right in front of the rider's jewels have split from swelling so yours might be a case but most do or will.
If you check the SF section some people on their 2010 are on their 3rd replacement tank.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
My S4Rs tank has finally swollen to the point it won't latch anymore - took 4 years and 30,000 kms, though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
my 2010 Multi tank was replaced under warranty for swelling up and splitting allowing the gas to leak out of it. So far the new tank is okay. Can't imagine things will get any better when the ethanol content goes up to e15. Filled up the other day in northern Vermont with non ethanol gas, wow! the bike ran quieter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts