Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to pick up a switched live connection for a new speedo on my 900 SS ie (2001). Where do you think the easiest place is to tap into? i don't think there is a 12V switched live fed into either of the OEM instrument dash plug connectors I could reuse? Thanks

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
Fuse panel or solenoid ? Just get your volt meter out and find something to tap from in the vicinity, then use the meter to make sure it switches on and off as required. Some bikes have an open spot for an additional feed in the fuse panel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a wiring diagram and I can see there is diagnostic port on a 3A fuse, but where is the diagnostic port located ? I have had a poke around but can't see it!

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
Diag port is in the rear of the bike, right side IIRC.

Your gauge lights on the oem dash are switched power as are all running lights.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Diag port is in the rear of the bike, right side IIRC.

Your gauge lights on the oem dash are switched power as are all running lights.
All the yellow wires, as per Duvet, are switched.
See attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, only live when lights are on, but as they are always on when I ride, that is fine for me. Tapped into one of the yellow wires for the dash lights and it works. Thanks!

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Yes, only live when lights are on, but as they are always on when I ride, that is fine for me. Tapped into one of the yellow wires for the dash lights and it works. Thanks!
Maybe for US models where the lights can be switched off. Can't find the US switch wiring that I have somewhere.
Certainly Australian models the yellow is always powered on the 2001 900SS

The blue wire for the Oil and Neutral lamps is definitely always powered at key on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts