Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
I think we've seen that dude before... he looks like the "who ate all the pies" guy from the early 1199 spy shots.

that is why you'll never catch my tubby ass in leathers.

Reactions: ProphetPVD

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Pretty sure the leg dangle was him pointing out where he dropped his donut...
You don't often see big riders on superbikes, and my hat is off to him. While I sat my (skinny) ass on the couch and watched MotoGP this weekend, he's out there at the track. Those custom leathers must have cost a fortune... ride on, big dude!

·
Premium Member
5,724 Posts
Am I missing something? Why is this so epic?
The OP obviously felt that was a pretty impressive wheelie and wanted to share... for a lot of us however, it reminded us of a pretty funny thread from years ago when some of the early Panigale spy shots first got out and there was one of a rather "generously proportioned" gentleman squeezed into his leathers. I don't remember who, but someone posted it with the caption "Who ate all the pies..."

To this day, I laugh every time I think of that... I literally did just now when I typed the pies comment. ;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
The OP obviously felt that was a pretty impressive wheelie and wanted to share... for a lot of us however, it reminded us of a pretty funny thread from years ago when some of the early Panigale spy shots first got out and there was one of a rather "generously proportioned" gentleman squeezed into his leathers. I don't remember who, but someone posted it with the caption "Who ate all the pies..."

To this day, I laugh every time I think of that... I literally did just now when I typed the pies comment. ;)
Got it! Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Am I missing something? Why is this so epic?
It was remarkable to me for many reasons:
- I was on an S1000RR with the throttle WFO exiting the corner, not an expert racer, but not a slouch either
- The superleggera is ridiculously expensive, to track a bike like that takes balls, to ride it like you stole it even more
- Finally, it takes considerable skill and practice to pull off a power wheelie pass on any bike

Epic :smile2:

·
Bon Vivant
11,300 Posts

Me Too, I can't stop laughing now. :grin2: Ride on big dude, ride on!

And this vid led me to this which is just some freakin epic riding on a most epic and exotic bike. The superleggera is absolutely my all-time favorite Ducati (so far)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Where is this place? I want to live in a house with a race track in my back yard!

t_bare

Reactions: cb4265
1 - 20 of 25 Posts