Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not too concerned, but I thought I would ask. It was pretty nice day, a bit humid, 70F-ish. I took a long long way home from work, and when I got home, I noticed that carbs were really sweaty, to the point left (vertical cylinder) was dripping. I was just wondering if this is normal for these carbs to sweat THAT much. I'm trying to remember, but I don't think I've ever seen them sweat that bad on any of my other bikes.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Did you feel, smell the 'sweat'? There is a cooling effect through the carby, In light aircraft you have to take precautions to avoid icing inside the carby in high humidity and low power settings.
If you had a not to warm day with humidity I would expect there to be condensation around the carbies.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Pretty common for the stock carbs to ice up and cause the bike to quit. The fix was a carb heat kit that replaced the float bowl housings with ones that had chambers that ran heated oil through them to warm the fuel and carbs. Oil line runs from the oil cooler to the float bowls and back.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I made sure that the "sweat" was condensation. I'm not so surprised by sweating itself, it's just that I was surprised by how much, enough to drip!

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's a function of temperature and humidity, the most amount of icing is to be expected in mild weather up to 70-75F, with high relative humidity. Sounds like that is what you had

1 - 5 of 5 Posts