Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i m gonna sound like a tool but where can I get "Ducati" branded sweatbands for my clutch and brake fluid reservoirs, you knoe...like the racers and some people do
edit: for my 748

pic 4 reference is from a S4R monster

thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do a search on eBay for:

"Ducati reservoir cover"

You'll find sweatbands of all colors to keep your clutch/brake fluid warm. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got mine on ebay motors. Just search ducati parts and accessories. Also the racers use or used to use them to catch the fluid from the reservoirs from leaking out at high speed. Seems they cant get them to seal, go figure. I just like the look.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I read on another site that they are suppose to protect brake fluid from sun damage. Since brake fluid is designed to withstand very high temps I don't think the sun will do much damage to it. My bike is always garaged or covered if parked outdoors longer than a few minutes so I guess I'm ok. A senior member stated they are just a fad that they don't have any benefits.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I read on another site that they are suppose to protect brake fluid from sun damage. Since brake fluid is designed to withstand very high temps I don't think the sun will do much damage to it. My bike is always garaged or covered if parked outdoors longer than a few minutes so I guess I'm ok. A senior member stated they are just a fad that they don't have any benefits.
I read in either Motorcyclist or Cycle World that at very high speeds small droplets of brake fluid leak out for some reason and get on the racers' visors. The sweatbands absorb these droplets.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:p tool.. ;)

you could be "punk rock" and go to Hot Topic to get some wristbands for your bike.

i m black, can t be punk
Do a search on eBay for:

"Ducati reservoir cover"

You'll find sweatbands of all colors to keep your clutch/brake fluid warm. :rolleyes:
got em:)

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I read in either Motorcyclist or Cycle World that at very high speeds small droplets of brake fluid leak out for some reason and get on the racers' visors. The sweatbands absorb these droplets.
I've never had this happen on the track - I guess I'm not fast enough :D

·
I'm NOT an AAAAA-d-m-i-n
210 Posts
...where can I get "Ducati" branded sweatbands for my clutch and brake fluid reservoirs...
I bought a pack of sweatbands from Wal Mart and a Ducati patch from the dealer and made my own. I'm guessing I spent less than $10 for a one off farkle.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought a pack of sweatbands from Wal Mart and a Ducati patch from the dealer and made my own. I'm guessing I spent less than $10 for a one off farkle.

That looks really good.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Interesting; I recently found stains on my S4RS's white tank just below both reservoirs. Myself and a few others came to the conclusion that it was brake fluid. I couldn't figure out how it could be, the reservoirs and hoses aren't leaking and I never changed the brake fluid with the new tank installed. Maybe some leaked out during a triple digit blast!!! :confused:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At Mid-Ohio this week end, I saw some of the LMP1 and LMP2 prototyes with their nosecones off. TYhey also had sweatbands on the fluid reservoirs, a place no one can see when the cars are on track

I asked an engineer why they do it and it s because they want to prevent drips on stuff. I'm sure it s a case where functions maries form beautifully on superbike races :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts