Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much of a PITA replacing the right side control bracket (the bit that the footpeg, rear brake lever, rear passenger peg, etc) all bolt on to.

Aside from removing the obvious little things, I see what looks like might be an issue, namely the really large bolt that appears to run all the way through the swingarm. I'm assuming folks that have mounted rearsets have gone through this, so any help appreciated.

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much of a PITA replacing the right side control bracket (the bit that the footpeg, rear brake lever, rear passenger peg, etc) all bolt on to.

Aside from removing the obvious little things, I see what looks like might be an issue, namely the really large bolt that appears to run all the way through the swingarm. I'm assuming folks that have mounted rearsets have gone through this, so any help appreciated.
That "really large bolt" comes out pretty easy and it actually screws into the swingarm pivot on each side if I recall correctly. Its made of aluminum so its relatively soft. Use a good quality socket.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That "really large bolt" comes out pretty easy and it actually screws into the swingarm pivot on each side if I recall correctly. Its made of aluminum so its relatively soft. Use a good quality socket.
Aha. Cool, thx for the info.

·
Ducati Designs
1,125 Posts
That really large bolt holds only the footpeg bracket. The swingarm will not be disturbed by removing it. Be sure not to over-torque it, as its an aluminum bolt.

My dad told me that there was a really long bolt that I could access from my belly-button. Removing it would make my ass fall off...

pg
DD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts