Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the parts that fit any one of these bikes will fit all of them, right? Specifically, I'm looking for a new set of cans to replace the chrome junk that's on my 748 now. I found a set from a 996, but I want to make sure it will work before I shell out the $$$. If it matters, it's a 2001 748, and the pipes in question are off of a 1999 996.

·
Super Moderator
8,292 Posts
748´s and 996 have the same size cans, but be sure to check the pipe diameter. If they are Termignoni, they are probably 45mm or 50mm.. Normal 996´s have a 45mm system as i recall.

//amullo

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just FYI,

I JUST took off my stock pipes and midpipe from my 2001 748S to install the Termi 45/50 half system....therefore I now have a stock exhaust system from the headers back that I do not need. If you (or anyone else) would like to make an offer feel free to PM me. I have NO idea how much the stock 748 system is worth....I know the going rate for my stock Monster cans was $50 so I imagine the 748 cans would be more than that? They have 1500 miles on them and are in excellent condition (no dings/dents etc). I would also consider trades for gear, parts, etc. I'm open to just about anything.

-Patrick

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Exhausts are interchangeable on 748/916/996 models (but there are different sized pipes to match with cans) but the 998 is different as the testastretta motor has the cylinder heads & exhaust ports in a different relative position due to the different design & dimensions etc; at least the header pipes are not the same but I'm not sure about the cans.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.