Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a Matte Black 696, and I'm looking to swap the matte black plastics (tank skins, fender, cowl, bikini fairing) for the gloss black plastics from an 1100 if anyone has interest. Mine are all in perfect condition, no scratches, little over 600 miles on the bike.

I wish Ducati would offer the complete range of colors across all models.

I'd also be willing to swap the whole bike you you like :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
has anyone priced out body panels for "quick" colour changes...good lord they're pricey. $380/side on the tank alone. there goes my idea of getting two sets and swapping out/having my tattoo artist draw stuff on them.

<< hopefully soon i'll have a M696. i miss my old 620ie

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i posted in Brackstones thread, but he didn't see it or he didn't respond. Paging Brackstone...paging Mr. Brackstone.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the offer, but I'm into the all black look. Just want to gloss it up a bit. I'll keep my eyes out on the forums for ya though and see if I see anyone looking for reds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks. I know ducati has started offering a literal rainbow of colors for the current monster series including pink, green, yellow, etc.

I have not seen matte black. Where did you get yours? Custom? I have searched many sites and cannot find anyone that stocks the interchangeable pieces in various colors. I wanted to get a new set and not paint over my current set! So if anyone can point me in the right direction, please!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks. I know ducati has started offering a literal rainbow of colors for the current monster series including pink, green, yellow, etc.

I have not seen matte black. Where did you get yours? Custom? I have searched many sites and cannot find anyone that stocks the interchangeable pieces in various colors. I wanted to get a new set and not paint over my current set! So if anyone can point me in the right direction, please!
matte black is one of the stock colors offered on the 696

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pnoman, as spyderco already pointed out, the matte black is the standard black on the M696. The M1100 comes in gloss black. Here are a few pic's of my bike so you can see how the matte looks on mine. I think it would look great on red frame too so good luck in your search.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good eye. I went with Motovation frame/fork sliders and rear spools. I used the Rizoma combo bar end weights/mini sliders up top on the bars. I have no illusion they would prevent any damage, just to help round out the look and dampen vibration. Also went to a 14t on the front, new chain, blacked out some bits, and added the low seat.

Other than that, pretty stock. I'd like to get the gloss parts (how this thread got started obviously) and either some Termi's or Mivv Carbon Suono's. Then I'd be done.

I'm one of the few people out there that actually likes the rear beer tray and stock mirrors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts