Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twisted Throttle is having a sale and I want a couple of quick release SW-Motech bags.

Any recommendations on which bags work best on the DVT? Looking for a medium/large and a small bag.

Are the electrified versions work it?

Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well I'm not much help here. Have one I've used on three other bikes and planned on using on my DVT, but it came with the Urban pack. But I like that SW Motech bag a lot, just need the mounting ring and I could use it. Good luck in your hunt for the answer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i am planning on going down saturday to twisted throttle and checking out a bunch of stuff. i know its not much help but i like the way you think

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The sale is only today and tomorrow. It ends midnight Friday (no timezone specified).

I emailed them and they said: "Unfortunately there is not a tank ring option available for your bike at this time. Usually when this happens it is because of the bar clearance and fitment of the tankbags at full lock of the steering wheel."

I've asked a followup question about the tank ring. "Which tankring fits my bike? I don't see anything for the DVT, and elsewhere you list 2010 - 2015 as being #126, but the 2015 is different I believe."

I'll let you know what I hear. @CNDctdj, I'll be interested to hear what you find.

Scott

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sw MOTECH Evo ,with optional map pouch fits nicely !
Perfect! Thanks! Did you get that with a EVO 126 tankring? it says it works with MTS 10-15, but I don't believe it.

Also, anyone know if the EVO City, Trial, or (ugh) GS bags fit decently?

Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
19 Posts
The sale is only today and tomorrow. It ends midnight Friday (no timezone specified).

I emailed them and they said: "Unfortunately there is not a tank ring option available for your bike at this time. Usually when this happens it is because of the bar clearance and fitment of the tankbags at full lock of the steering wheel."

I've asked a followup question about the tank ring. "Which tankring fits my bike? I don't see anything for the DVT, and elsewhere you list 2010 - 2015 as being #126, but the 2015 is different I believe."

I'll let you know what I hear. @CNDctdj, I'll be interested to hear what you find.

Scott
Not different that I know of, I moved a tank ring from my 2012 to the DVT with no problem

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes the tank ring is the same,also have the city bag,fits nicely, but it's a little tighter & cause's me to carry more stuff than I need.Thinking of going with crash bar bags instead of the city bag.

·
Registered
19 Posts
+1 on the evo bag. The Type 126 EVO Tankbag Bottom Tankring is the one for the 2015. I also have the city (correction , I have the micro not city) which has limited storage capacity even when extended.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Awesome, thanks guys!

Ordered an EVO Engage and an EVO City, with the EVO 126 tank ring and map holder. ~$400 with the 20% off.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Engage and City fit fine. I mounted them almost as far back as they would go, better turning radius.

The one thing that I would like to do is put some clear film protector stuff down on the tank under them. I think they will droop down and rub the tank.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Engage and City fit fine. I mounted them almost as far back as they would go, better turning radius.

The one thing that I would like to do is put some clear film protector stuff down on the tank under them. I think they will droop down and rub the tank.
I got the Ducati carbon fiber fuel tank protector as the only part of the engage that touches is the back part especially as I seem to load that area the most.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got the Ducati carbon fiber fuel tank protector as the only part of the engage that touches is the back part especially as I seem to load that area the most.
Yup, sounds good. I got some 3M clear film, both adhesive and non-adhesive off Amazon to try out on that area.

·
Registered
150 Posts
New Givi Tank Bag

Well after using the Ducati (Givi) tank bag that came with my 2015 MTS, and trying to live with it (too small for me), I ordered the Givi 3D604 and the USB power hub. Nice thing is I can use this also on my GS.

·
Registered
82 Posts
SW Motech vs. Givi

I've used the Twisted Throttle products for years on my Beemer GSs with mixed results. Sometimes it's difficult to reach around to the front of the bag to pull the release at gas stations and sometimes the bag doesn't seat properly (I once rode three days leaned over to keep my un"clicked" bag from falling off). I have the Ducati small Givi-produced bag on my new Multi and it's a revelation. It simply clicks on and off, sort of "disappears" under me and works perfectly. Even though I do not normally care for tank bags (I still use a Touratech tail bag on my GS), I cannot see me abandoning my little Ducati carryall bag on my Multi. I'm even seriously considering the larger version for traveling. I have the touring package but opted against the Urban with the GIGANTIC tail box. I have an 8-liter Touratech tail bag that straps cleanly at the tail to store my Gerbing liner when it gets warmer or my wet vest when it gets cooler. For an extended multi-day ride I'll use my Wolfman 25-liter tail bag or the waterproof Ducati accessory 30-liter bag strapped behind me. Ought to do it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well after using the Ducati (Givi) tank bag that came with my 2015 MTS, and trying to live with it (too small for me), I ordered the Givi 3D603 and the USB power hub. Nice thing is I can use this also on my GS.
LOL. After getting my Multi I bought the 15L Givi (XS307) and found it too big for everyday use so I just picked up the 4L (3D603). I'll use them both but the smaller one is good for me for shorter trips.

Reactions: BruceWA

·
Registered
150 Posts
Oops, edited my previous post to correctly show the Givi 3D604 as the newly ordered bag. It came with the 3D603 (or whatever Ducati wants to call it)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts