Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about taking the Multi offroad in the Sierra Nevadas and want to make sure she's protected, as best as possible.

I've already added the crash guards but plan to add teh SW Motech header guard as well. I also fancy switching to a slip-on at some point probably mated to the MIVV mid-pipe (this removes the cat which is what I'm really after).

Does anyone know if the SW Motech Header Guard will work with the MIVV mid-pipe?

Also - any strong opinions on which radiator guard is best? Actually, to put another way - any radiator guards to stay away from, as in causes the bike to run hot?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Mivv retains a standard Ducati header & joins half way under the engine so as SW Motech guard should fit no problem.

I've got an R&G radiator guard here in the UK but also believe the Evotech is a good option & they also do an oild cooler to match.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Mivv retains a standard Ducati header & joins half way under the engine so as SW Motech guard should fit no problem.

I've got an R&G radiator guard here in the UK but also believe the Evotech is a good option & they also do an oild cooler to match.
Awesome. That's what I wanted to know.

I think Twisted Throttle here sells the R&G. No heat problems with it then?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Altrider radiator guard..

I got that and the Altrider header guard. So far no heat issues and I was in 105 degree traffic in LA last week. Altrider black guard looks good on a black bike as well. Not worried about the header guard as I am keeping my exhaust stock.

I am thinking about getting the Motech crash bars. I have them on my 800GS and they work great as far as protection goes. Do you think the Motech's will keep the fairing from tip-over damage? Also.. were they hard to install?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've read the crash bars offer good protection but haven't tried them myself. They are ease to install but you need thread locker and a torque wrench to do right. I do think they influenced the handling of the bike a bit since they at relatively heavy and fairly high up on the frame. But I've gotten used to how it handles.

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 5 of 5 Posts