Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

SW Motech Centerstand - Feedback

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  duc_ms12 
#1 ·
More specifically, does the lever arm hit your heel, or did they design it short enough to avoid this problem.

#9 ·
I've been toying with the idea of buying this SW Motech center stand, but I just bought one of these gizmos on ebay and I'm wondering if it might be an acceptable substitute for a centerstand: Hardline Products - Rollastand® for Sportbikes
The only drawback I can think of to this solution over the centerstand is that you can't take the wheel off the bike. But, in order to get the wheel off in the wilderness by myself I'd need a breaker bar and socket, which I ain't hauling around anyway. So, even with a centerstand, that would be a job to have done in a local shop. I have a Pit Bull rear stand for wheel removal at home.

#10 ·
own one....not a replacement for a centerstand whatsoever. it does aid in cleaning either wheel if the bike doesn't have one. nifty but not great.

#12 ·
anyone currently employing a SW Motech center stand on their Multistradas? not one that was customized by them (originally offered as a service), but an actual stand that they design and sell today. mine doesn't "snap back" into place when removing the bike from the center stand....do yours?

thanks in advance,

#14 ·
thank you.....i can't see anything else being the culprit other than the spring(s)...but a sagging/not-taught center stand i definitely don't need.

#15 ·
I've had one on my bike since last October. No issues, no interference with my size 13 feet. It snaps right up when I roll the bike off it. Super easy to get on it too.

#16 ·
I have the standard SW Motech main stand on my bike

No issues with size 9 UK boots

But I did have an issue with the crossbar of the main stand resting on the de-cat pipe of the ARROW exhaust system, I had to make my own stopper, used an stainless 8mm bolt, washers and two 8mm stainless nuts to space it 6mm away from the de-cat exhaust pipe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.