Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Guys I know this has been discussed in the past and I can find a few posts about it but trying to narrow down the info has been hard. I understand that the cartridges you want from the Suzuki GSXR 600 or 750 are 2000-2005, supposedly the 2000-2003 are a better choice. I purchased a set of forks from a 2000 GSXR and have the cartridges out & drained so thats where I am. We are talking about 900SS Showa adjustable forks -NOT the CR non-adjustable forks--I would love to talk with those who have done this cartridge swap and can tell me exactly what to do. This is the first time I have done cartridge forks, I've done thousands of conventional forks but this is new for me. So if you know what I need to do please chime in

Reactions: rspete

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I did it, pretty straight forward. I used the Gixxer caps and I believe also the compression adjusters. If I remember correctly you have to use Ducati spring diameter, the GSXR spring won’t fit. What else do you need to know ?

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I used Racetech springs, .90 , and 7 1/2 wt Maxima fork fluid. I’m about 190 # in gear.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pm sent

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I basically just watched a YouTube vid on rebuilding usd forks but just swapped components as I went. There are a couple of Suzy items that don’t fit, use Ducati instead.

Reactions: rspete
1 - 5 of 5 Posts