Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Working on something else. Started the bike up first time after unplugging battery so it runs through the suspension check. And I hear “click”. Look at the gold tube thingy under the seat and see this (image). Pulled the thing off and now I can like pull out the stepper motor inside but can’t get the thing to seat flush again. Time for the dealer or quick fix?
2010 multistrada 1200s

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ouch. How did that happen? The control end (wiring end) looks like it's a simple push fit, sealed with an O ring and there should be no natural pull on the cable to make it pull out. This suggests that something happened inside the tube that forced the end to pop out. I could not find a picture of the internals, only what the thing is supposed to look like from the outside. I would call Ohlins and ask them what to do. There are a number of complete units for sale on EBay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch. How did that happen? The control end (wiring end) looks like it's a simple push fit, sealed with an O ring and there should be no natural pull on the cable to make it pull out. This suggests that something happened inside the tube that forced the end to pop out. I could not find a picture of the internals, only what the thing is supposed to look like from the outside. I would call Ohlins and ask them what to do. There are a number of complete units for sale on EBay.
View attachment 976467
Honestly no idea. Just like I said, turned it on and heard it click” which I assume was the plastic hook slipping off.

·
Super Moderator
26,054 Posts
That black hook part is just plastic? Must not be something under all that much pressure then. Could you get a big C-Clamp in there? Squeeze it all back together? What does it do? Preload?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That black hook part is just plastic? Must not be something under all that much pressure then. Could you get a big C-Clamp in there? Squeeze it all back together? What does it do? Preload?
I’m pretty sure that’s the preload. Can’t squeeze it back with just my hands. C clamp might do it. Assuming I can figure out if that will break something or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts