Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the Ohlins rear shock off of the x49 series fit the new 848? Or is there interference between the "older" 749/99 series and the new frame/ swing arm/ exhaust? ????

I want to be cheap and swap my Ohlins rear and put it on my new bike (either an 848 or a 749r) with the latter of these bikes being obvious.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The xx9 shock is longer than the 848. The rocker pivot on the xx9 frame is opposite of the 848. Also the 848 shock reservoir would hit the exhaust of your xx9.

Check Gotham cycles and WERA / CCS websites for parts. A lot of racers are buying the newer ducs and retiring there old ones and the go-fast goodies.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
The rear suspension is completely different between xx9 and 1098 series. I have not personaly tried swapping parts, but I'm gonna say it's a big no-go on this one.

Which Ohlins model do you have? If you go with a 749R, you may want to hang onto it and play around with different rear suspension setups.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rear suspension is completely different between xx9 and 1098 series. I have not personaly tried swapping parts, but I'm gonna say it's a big no-go on this one.

Which Ohlins model do you have? If you go with a 749R, you may want to hang onto it and play around with different rear suspension setups.
I have the rear shock off of a 999r, I want to keep it because it completely change the way my bike rides on the track. It would be nice to retain the shock so that it will work in my new bike.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I have the rear shock off of a 999r, I want to keep it because it completely change the way my bike rides on the track. It would be nice to retain the shock so that it will work in my new bike.
Not gonna work with the 848. Right now, my shock is at Ducshop getting rebuilt to work with the R's linear-rate linkage. It's the triple adjustable version of yours. I'll let you know how that works out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts