Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This fall, I picked up a nice used 2001 750ss and was lucky to get a few days of riding in before New England weather put an end to my season. Since it is just sitting in my barn, it is time to get to bond with it a little bit.....

Being an off road rider, I am familiar with be concepts of suspension set up and how the different suspension variables interact, but would like some insight as to how to properly set up the suspension of my 750. I am 5-10 and run about 225 so as a start, what should I be looking for for rear suspension sag? Do the "static" and "race sag" (to use dirt bike terms) mean as much as they for road bikes as they do in the off road world? What numbers should I be shooting for? Any other hints, tips, or tricks?

·
Registered
58 Posts
go to traxxion.com and order the suspension for mortals video. well worth the money. all you need to know.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Scotty, I am about your size and owned the same bike. Set the laded sag in the rear to about 30mm run lower compression settings and keep foing faster on rebound untill the bike feels a little "Loose" then go a couple 3 clicks slower. I am a dirt bike guy too and the suspension was the big let down on that bike for me. I went to the 900 and went nuts on the suspension. It is sooo sweet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts