Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to PI and had my 1198 setup by race tech. Randy did sag and some other adjustments, essentially for canyon riding. I took it to the track and it was fine for my slow pace. That said when I'm on the freeway for an extended period of time the rear end seems to bounce causing my internal organs to scramble. The question is how do I soften the suspension so I can take a trip to Vegas.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Take it back to PI and tell them what you've told us. I'm sure they can find you a setup that will be comfortable both on the track and the highway.

·
Registered
570 Posts
So I went to PI and had my 1198 setup by race tech. Randy did sag and some other adjustments, essentially for canyon riding. I took it to the track and it was fine for my slow pace. That said when I'm on the freeway for an extended period of time the rear end seems to bounce causing my internal organs to scramble. The question is how do I soften the suspension so I can take a trip to Vegas.
Just tighten up the kidney part of your back protector tighter to support your internals better and you will be good. I never had a problem as long as I have been tightening up my backprotector.

Jocke

·
comrade moderator
27,022 Posts
Race set-ups don't work on the street any better than street set-ups work on the track. Apples and oranges.

Just write down where everything is set now and loosen everything up several clicks. Springs can probably stay where they are, just damping.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response guys. I'll probably try all three suggestions, even though going back to PI may have to wait until they have another clinic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts