Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
12,030 Posts
Sounds like the airbag suit he was wearing may have made a difference in helping save his life!
The photos of this are so scary. :(

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Lucky to survive!
Wouldn't the air bag inflate on leaving the bike, or on impact with the car, and deflate again before he hit the ground?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lucky to survive!
Wouldn't the air bag inflate on leaving the bike, or on impact with the car, and deflate again before he hit the ground?
don't believe they deflate as there is no mention in their descriptions.appeared to have kept calm by his expression,maybe the air jacket gave that little bit of confidence.amazing to have survived.Best Motorcycle Airbag Jackets - Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
542 Posts
oy, amazing braking focus given what he faced. The stoppie helped launch him free of the car grille and hood it seems.

Luckily this happened outside the US - in the states, the driver would have simply been given a ticket and some hours of "public service" in lieu of jail time since it was clearly unintentional and only a motorcyclist, not an upstanding citizen, was maimed. Seeing this stuff makes me think I should add the skills and hardware shown/CGI'd in Gemini Man.. go on the offensive, as it were 🤬

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
don't believe they deflate as there is no mention in their descriptions.appeared to have kept calm by his expression,maybe the air jacket gave that little bit of confidence.amazing to have survived.Best Motorcycle Airbag Jackets - Motorcycle.com
You would hope it stayed inflated long enough to finish crashing.
I think getting launched like that is pretty uncommon. Hope so.
Rolling and tumbling are probably more common, and you could take multiple hits before you stop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts