Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a great event at WSIR today, got to go on both the big track and the Streets which they said was a first. The weather was great overall but a little chilly in the morning...there were even a few high sides due to cold tires, but I made it home in one piece. Interestingly enough, I actually felt more comfortable on the big track since that is where I have spent most of my time there in cars. Anyway, i am quite the novice (no doubt), but I felt that I got about a year of riding experience condenced into one day. I havent been riding much in years so it felt really good to get out there. One std Hyper had an engine that went kaput but mine was fine. Cant wait for another hyper event at Buttonwillow soon!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Nice! Can't stop thinking about it can you :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Always good to be bringing her home without having a big spendie bill for a gardening episode ... well done.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly first time out I didnt want to ruin my ltd confidence. good to build on it from here..now already thinking about the next event.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,715 Posts
there were even a few high sides due to cold tires,
well, it's not going to get warmer as we move further into winter. could tire warmers have helped those folk? or were they ignorant to the fact?

maybe this will help other non-track types to better understand what they face in a less than warm day.

regards

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
amazing but several in the advanced group (with no tires warmers) went down early on, but overall it seemed like there was about an off per hour...a lot of riders though. actually too many for my taste, but it does provide for more experience i suppose. we should rent out a track for a "hyper" event...not that hard to do really, just need 10-15 riders at most...we did that with lotuses all the time.

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
The big track eats motors and the little track eats brakes and tires.

Sounds like you had fun.

I was thinking the same thing about a private track day for the bikes (Hypers and others). We rent the Streets pretty often with my Porsche club ... costs about $200-300 a person depending on the number of participants and includes corner workers and EMT.

We usually get a couple of 6 footer sandwiches from the local Subway which works out great, too. Something to think about in the warmer months...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have done that many a time and it is $$ well spent, means unlimited track time.We could even set up pro instruction if anyone wanted did the same with Craig Stanton and Cort Wagner for my P cars too. let's do it...PI could sponsor?

·
Registered
290 Posts
The big track eats motors and the little track eats brakes and tires.

Sounds like you had fun.

I was thinking the same thing about a private track day for the bikes (Hypers and others). We rent the Streets pretty often with my Porsche club ... costs about $200-300 a person depending on the number of participants and includes corner workers and EMT.

We usually get a couple of 6 footer sandwiches from the local Subway which works out great, too. Something to think about in the warmer months...
I'll come down from WA for this. Let's do it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not likely as there's too much liabilty for them should something unfortunate happen.

You're a P-Car guy, too? PM me if you ever need anything ... I have a shop in N. Hollywood.

www.tlgauto.com - redesigned site should be up in about 48hrs.
Used to have a GT2 and GT3 that I got from Otis Chandler's museaum back in the day..switched to Loti for awhile, but now just drive my lowly M3 sedan and a 67 Alfa GTV. Here are a couple pics of the only minerva blue GT3 ever made.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweeet!! BTW, you really should keep your used tennis balls in the glove compartment, not the trunk :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is a blurry pic of my GTV in the barn...just love the italian vehicles

Attachments

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,715 Posts
both cars are absolutely stunning....

back to the bikes

1 - 17 of 17 Posts