Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
inside scoop ... not public yet, but soon to be announced:

suppo to be replaced by tardozzi as ducati motogp team manager.

ciao,
johnc

·
Registered
235 Posts
I hope Tardozzi doesn't go... Fabio needs his hugging power! :rolleyes:

Naa.. In all honesty, the MotoGP team doesn't need much of a manager, you've got 2 world champion's at the helm.

Though Suppo leaving plays directly into the whole theory of Rossi coming on board in 2011. :D
I don't get it...does Rossi not like Suppo?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
it's all part of the plan.... i'm having dreams of a bright yellow Ducati in Motogp... and a BIG ass 46 on the front.... this is good stuff...

last time i was this excited about a team forming up was at the end of '89... King Kenny gets his 500 GP team to be sponsored by Marlboro.. His 500 cc riders... Wayne Rainey and Eddie Lawson... and John Koscinski on the 250.

and of course.. two titles followed...

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Tardozzi leaves Ducati...

:eek:

Clamoroso: Davide Tardozzi lascia la Ducati Superbike!
Il torpore post-campionato è stato scosso da una notizia clamorosa: Davide Tardozzi lascia la Ducati dopo quasi venti anni di collaborazione!

La notizia ci è stata confermata dallo stesso manager di Cesena.
"E' stata una decisione sicuramente dolorosa - ci ha detto Davide - perché non si può lasciare una Casa con la quale ha splendidamente collaborato per quasi venti anni senza provare dispiacere".

Ed allora perché?
"Perché ho voluto essere onesto nei confronti di una Casa che mi ha dato fiducia. Stavo perdendo gli stimoli necessari per fare questo lavoro e, quindi, ho ritenuto opportuno comunicarlo alla Ducati in tempo utile per preparare la mia sostituzione prima della nuova stagione".

E quale è stata la reazione?
"Claudio Domenicali e Filippo Preziosi hanno dimostrato ancora una volta la loro grande umanità. Hanno perfettamente capito la mia posizione, scindendo la questione personale da quella professionale".

Hai già un altro posto di lavoro? Yamaha? BMW?
"Non ci crederai ma non ho pensato a questo. - risponde deciso Tardozzi - Rimarrò nel mondo delle corse soltanto se mi verrà offerto qualcosa di importante . E finora nessuno si è fatto vivo. Altrimenti mi occuperò delle altre attività personali extra-motociclistiche nelle quali sono coinvolto. Però le corse rimangono il mio mondo e se ci sarà qualcosa di interessante non me lo farò certamente scappare".

E il tuo posto da chi verrà ricoperto?
"Non è mio compito designare il mio successore. Ne abbiamo parlato a livello di amicizia con Domenicali e Preziosi ma sarà soltanto loro la scelta. Credo comunque che sarà utilizzata una risorsa interna alla Ducati".

C'è un tono sereno nella voce di Tardozzi mentre ci saluta (è in partenza per le vacanze) ma sicuramente non c'è allegria. Avrebbe preferito lasciare con il titolo in tasca ma la decisione era in qualche modo presa. L'unico augurio è che qualcuno non lo faccia uscire dal mondo della Superbike....

Da rilevare che la casa bolognese si trova ad affrontare un vero proprio esodo: oltre a Davide Tardozzi, ha lasciato la Ducati (per la BMW Italia) anche Serafino Foti che guidava il team Junior Superstock, mentre è di queste ore la notizia che anche Livio Suppo andrà via per passare all'HRC.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Resounding: Davide Tardozzi leaves the Ducati Superbike!
Numbness post-season was rocked by a resounding message: Davide Tardozzi leaves Ducati after nearly twenty years of collaboration!

The news was confirmed for us by the same manager of Cesena.
"It 'was certainly a painful decision - David told us - because you can not leave a house with whom he has worked splendidly for almost twenty years without feeling regret."

And why?
"Because I wanted to be honest in respect of a house that gave me confidence. I was losing impetus necessary to make this work and therefore I thought it appropriate, notify the Ducati in time to prepare my replacement before the new season."

And what was the reaction?
"Claudio Domenicali and Filippo Preziosi has once again shown their great humanity. They fully understand my position, splitting the issue personal and professional."

You already have another job? Yamaha? BMW?
"I do not believe it but I have not thought of this. - Answers Tardozzi decided - will remain in the racing world only if I am offered something important. And so far nobody has shown up. Otherwise I will cover other personal activities outside the motorcycle in which are involved. But the races are still my world and if there is something to me I will surely not escape. "

And your place who will be covered?
"It's not my job to appoint my successor. We talked about a friendship level with Sunday and will only be valuable but their choice. But I think that will be used one internal to the Ducati."

There's a calm tone in her voice while Tardozzi greets us (are you going on holiday) but surely there is joy. He would have preferred to leave with the title in his pocket but the decision was somehow taken. The only hope is that someone does not do it out of the World Superbike ....

To note that Bolognese house faces a real exodus: over to David Tardozzi, left Ducati (for BMW Italy) also Serafino Foti who led the team Junior Superstock, while these hours is the news that Livio Suppo will go away to go HRC.

·
Registered
249 Posts
just saw this on the twitters.. DAMN! twenty years. there is also a rumor of Suppo leaving the GP team as well.

just got this off ducaticorsepress.com

Thursday Nov 05 2009
PRESS RELEASE

LIVIO SUPPO LEAVES THE DUCATI MARLBORO TEAM. NEW MANAGEMENT OF THE 2010 SQUAD IS ANNOUNCED
Borgo Panigale (Bologna, Italy), 5 November 2009 – The last race of the 2009 MotoGP season will also be the last race in Ducati Marlboro Team colours for Livio Suppo, Ducati's MotoGP project manager. The Italian manager will leave Ducati to embark on a new professional adventure.

In Ducati since 1999, Suppo was involved in this challenging and ambitious project from the very beginning, contributing with his intuition, perseverance and enthusiasm to the world title victory of 2007 and to the many podiums and successes that have characterised the life of the Ducati Desmosedici from its debut in 2003 up until today.

“Livio has meant a great deal to Ducati and also to me personally; he has been a loyal and valuable colleague but above all a great friend,” commented Claudio Domenicali, General Director of Ducati. “We are very sorry that he has decided to leave the company but, in light of his correctness, professionalism and the great contribution he has made to the growth and success of the MotoGP project and the Ducati brand, we can only offer him our very best wishes as he takes on a new professional challenge. This is, however, also one of those moments in which we can rethink our organization in order to further improve, and this is what we have done in defining the 2010 team’s direction. The management of the Ducati Marlboro Team will be entrusted to, and reinforced by, two new managerial figures. Alessandro Cicognani, currently marketing manager for the Ducati Corse Division, will be responsible for the MotoGP project and alongside him, Vittoriano Guareschi, already the test rider for Ducati, will undertake the role of Team Manager, bringing to the squad a wealth of knowledge and experience that he has gained through being a professional rider and, most recently, a test rider.”

·
Ducati Ambassador to the Vatican
299 Posts
Thats a bummer! Hopefuly they think about Troy Bayliss to succeed him.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
I don't know if Bayliss "could" do it... Its an interesting idea. Tardozzi brought a serious, taskmaster thread to the team which is why they were so successful. There needs to be another person like him, to continue the torch.

He made a HUGE mistake this year, allowing Fabrizio to win races towards the end of the year, instead of forcing Haga to gain the points. These decisions were critical in the championship and are pretty much what made Haga loose out. Its all by the wayside now and whoever replaces Tardozzi will need the same passion, which is going to be tough.

I'm actually anxious to see if Tardozzi replaces Suppo... That could be interesting. Tell ya one thing though, I doubt a replacement manager would treat Fabrizio in such a positive way as Tardozzi.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Given the circumstances around Fabrizio's wins Tardozzi didn't make any mistakes.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
SBKPlanet has a couple of stories as of 11/5, today. Hindsight being 20/20 and all, Tardozzi really blew it w/ Haga, he was closing on Fabrizio at Imola......moot point now! I would like to see Bayliss at the helm! I think Bayliss might be the last to win on a Ducati L-twin......can you imagine after all the bad press the 999 would be the most successful Ducati superbike.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Hindsight being 20/20 and all, Tardozzi really blew it w/ Haga, he was closing on Fabrizio at Imola......moot point now!
Haga's the person who blew an 88 point lead, not Tardozzi. If Ducati's truly pissed at somebody for losing the championship, it should be Haga...

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Totally agree... all of this "Tardozzi" blew it stuff... sorry.
and his teammate should have let Haga by so that Haga could have gotten the points?... Why?..
Haga should have been faster.... and in the final weekend... Haga shouldn't have crashed... i'm a fan of Spies, and i like Haga. But truth be told... Haga has some bad race track mojo ... he should change his number from 41 to the number 2...

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Haga's the person who blew an 88 point lead, not Tardozzi. If Ducati's truly pissed at somebody for losing the championship, it should be Haga...
I agree, but thats kinda harsh.

I do think Tardozzi is bowing out of Ducati for the simple reason he doesn't have the passion to keep going. I think he really doesn't like Haga and there is some tension their, you never see the hugging and kissing with Haga and Tardozzi.

Whoever they bring into manage Ducati's pride (WSBK/MotoGP) they'd better be strong like tardozzi and have a passion to make champions out of their riders. Maybe this "toss-up" in the ranks will wind up positive, but Tardozzi was the heart and soul of the WSBK team, I highly doubt it will be a positive thing for him to leave.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 29 Posts