Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was just curious to see if anyone has had any experience with Supersprox? I recently got a job there so of course I get some kind of discount on sprockets, but I'm wondering just how good they are. I'd like to figure out a little more before I just start swaping parts and throwing money at my bike.

Here's the website:
www.supersproxusa.com

Let me know what you think

·
Registered
698 Posts
Hey guys, I was just curious to see if anyone has had any experience with Supersprox? I recently got a job there so of course I get some kind of discount on sprockets, but I'm wondering just how good they are. I'd like to figure out a little more before I just start swaping parts and throwing money at my bike.

Here's the website:
www.supersproxusa.com

Let me know what you think
I think you should use your employee discount to give all of us deals on your companies product line. That way we can give you feedback on the products they/you sell.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've got one on my YZ450F and my S4 Monster. No wear at all. DID ZVM on the Duc, DID ERV (same as a ZVM?) on the dirtbike. I haven't had to adjust either of them since I put them on, it's been a year on the Yamaha, but I don't ride as much as I used to, and about 4 1/2 months on the Ducati, I ride that every day.

I highly recommend them, and I hear they have an even better one than the steel outer, aluminum inner that I bought. Tool steel or titanium, maybe?

Here's a link, I don't know if this is the same company or not. The Sidewinder sprocket appears to be the same.

http://www.sidewindersprockets.com/tool_steel_sprockets.html

http://www.sidewindersprockets.com/titaniumII-sprockets.html

Actually, I've got the Sidewinders on my bikes, but I think they are Supersprox, they say it on them.

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
They make great sprockets. I am using one on my track bike.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
They wear like iron. Makes me think all the other manufacturers have been rippin' me off for years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a link, I don't know if this is the same company or not. The Sidewinder sprocket appears to be the same.

http://www.sidewindersprockets.com/tool_steel_sprockets.html

http://www.sidewindersprockets.com/titaniumII-sprockets.html

Actually, I've got the Sidewinders on my bikes, but I think they are Supersprox, they say it on them.
Yeah Sidewinder used to sell our sprockets for us, now they claim they make them. I can't really get into but its a big deal. Just don't buy them from Sidewinder.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
We've been selling them for a few years now. Very good quality sprockets.

They need to sort out the spacing on the MTS sprockets though. They should be different than the 748-998 by a few mm.

-M

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
We've been selling them for a few years now. Very good quality sprockets.

They need to sort out the spacing on the MTS sprockets though. They should be different than the 748-998 by a few mm.

-M
Really? You know, now that you mention it I remember hearing something about that. I think thats what happened to this sprocket. The offset was wrong and the chain wore the coating off =\

Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Yes...like Martin said. The MTS sprocket does not fit right. Offset by a good 5mm, which is too much. I am a victim of this and luckily got my money back for the sprocket.

Since you work there, you should poke around and ask questions on how to resolve this AS WELL AS taking this subject up with most of the distributors (MotoWheels excluded) I purchased mine from CA-Cycleworks. After encountering the problem and taking it up with them, they swore something was "off" with my bike and not a fault of the sprocket...which we all know now is not the case.

If this were resolved, I would definitely buy another. I'm available for questioning if you ever need any info on the MTS issue.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts