Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone else gets this same kind of response.

My husband has a Monster S4R, and I have a SuperSport.

When people see our bikes and ask whos is whos, they always say the same things.

The SuperSport looks better, and it's faster.

Every time, I have to correct them (at least about the faster part...hehe)

I guess that it's just because of the fairing.

But it gets kind of frustrating after a while!

Does anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
the SS does look fast siting still.. I've overheard people suggest my SS was faster than both one friends Hyabusa and anothers 748. I guess they see the 900 bit..

Oh also the 748 is red and the hyabusa is blackish.. My SS is YELLOW... the known faster colour..

Mal

hahahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess....sometimes I just want to smackem into common sense.....hehe

·
Registered
145 Posts
Why complain??

You have two Ducati's in the garage. If the pinhead does not know Ducati's then why waist you time. They hear that sweet sounding dry clutch and thumping v-twin and say "is there something wrong with that jap bike". And like typical we have to constantly correct them. So be greatfull that you have two and that the both of you can enjoy riding together...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just last night, it happened again. Two guys walk up, start talking to us, ask who has the faster bike, I point to his, they don't believe me, because my bike 'looks faster'

lol

pretty funny actually

;)

and 1up...maybe it's just the way I read it, but you're coming across as rather peeved....why?

·
Registered
401 Posts
JDuc said:
Just last night, it happened again. Two guys walk up, start talking to us, ask who has the faster bike, I point to his, they don't believe me, because my bike 'looks faster'
I have a friends that have bikes that are 1/4 mile faster but "slower" in real riding (twisties) so I say mines faster ;-)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh no, he's still faster in the twisties...for sure!

:D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just came off a GSXR-1000 to a SS. Everyone says 'Oh, its a Ducati, it looks way faster than your old Suzuki'. LOL!

I say nothing... ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Jan
I have it all the time, also in South Africa bikes must have a full fairing or they are not fast. People cannot understand that my Ducati's are slower than my TL1000 in a straight line. What further convinces them is the 180km/h speedo fitted to the TL.

Normally these lot are cage (car) drivers. Also they want to know how many kilowatt such & such bike motor puts out. I don't know as bikes are measured in horse power.

Or tell them they're right and the SS can do 350km/h. A stupid question deserves an equally stupid answer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts