Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1861 - 1880 of 3754 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Summers here

Just for those of you toughing it out in the frozen north- we're finally getting our riding weather down here. this shot was taken after about 30miles of brilliant twisty road up and over the hills in the baking heat. I had to crash in the shade here to cool down....

Attachments

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Or, as I call her, D4 or SS1000DS.2
Just finished first detail and some maintenance last night
All original/stock except front fairing/monotail/exhaust (all DP)

Merry Christmas to all!
For some reason I can't call up the thumbnails. Have no idea why. It seems to be happening with some others on this site too. :(

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm not sure either. They were up for a while - maybe they got deleted for being too large or something. I'll try to reload them.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
LOL - Good catch - I noticed that same thing myself. I had just got it back together and was eager to take some photos. So thanks, I'll have it plugged in before I ride next - it's raining here like I've seldom seen in SoCal so not sure when that will be. Right now it's bundled up and I've been working on DS.1 and a Schwinn Collegiate.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Some last pictures of the 750SS, my first Ducati, my first motorcycle. I'll miss her :(
Her new owner just picked it up this afternoon.

·
Registered
571 Posts
New year's day solo ride!

Sorry if this is a double posting. I swore I put this up 4 hours ago but couldn't find it.

Yes I know my jacket was riding up but I did have it zipped to my pants! Forgot to tighten the side straps!:D

Higher Quality video is available directly on YouTube!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Happy New Years

Nice way to start the year M5. What road were you on for the first two minutes of the video? Looks like 78, west side of Julian......

I got in short rides yesterday and today.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Nice way to start the year M5. What road were you on for the first two minutes of the video? Looks like 78, west side of Julian......

I got in short rides yesterday and today.
It was on San Pasqual Rd. I usually start the "fast" part of the ride right after I pass the Wild Animal Park heading east to Ramona! My Valentine 1 squacked just before the climb and saw a CHP cruiser hiding in the orange groves a mile ahead. Disappointed him by not being his first victim that day. I love the climb up the mountain. I skipped Julian because I heard the whole city was up there to play in the fresh snow. :D

·
Registered
716 Posts
Sorry if this is a double posting. I swore I put this up 4 hours ago but couldn't find it.

Yes I know my jacket was riding up but I did have it zipped to my pants! Forgot to tighten the side straps!:D

Higher Quality video is available directly on YouTube!

YouTube - New Year's Day Ride 2011- DUCATI 900SP
I would kill for weather (and a bike) like that :(
It sure makes me itchy for a ride!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nice bike Duke! Do those air filters mess with the FI very much? Do they give you much extra room under the tank for various bits? What did you do with the battery?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice bike Duke! Do those air filters mess with the FI very much? Do they give you much extra room under the tank for various bits? What did you do with the battery?
I would think so, just fitted full exhaust system and ecu, only been up the street and back, seems ok but will need to set up. Theres not much room left under the tank. The battery stays where it is (attached to the airbox) you just cut off the airbox..

·
Excel Addict
5,069 Posts
; [/quote] I know this could be considered anal/fussy, but if you pull the neoprene or whatever it is on the trailing edge of the windscreen, then polish off the scratches (toothpaste works well as a very mild abrasive) it has a big impact on appearance. If you don't like the cleaner lines (IMO) you can put it back on. Richard

·
Excel Addict
5,069 Posts
I would kill for weather (and a bike) like that :(
It sure makes me itchy for a ride!
The bike is "easy".

Move to Australia if you want weather like that for much of the year and astounding roads thrown in. Eagerly awaiting a Drift 170HD camera and remote microphone plus RAM mounts ready for our 3 day (long way to get there) trip to Philip Island for WSBK.

Read lots of reviews, the compared specs and the Drift had all I wanted - reality and time will tell.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would think so, just fitted full exhaust system and ecu, only been up the street and back, seems ok but will need to set up. Theres not much room left under the tank. The battery stays where it is (attached to the airbox) you just cut off the airbox..
Thanks Duke - I think I'm going naked on the 900 and am looking for some room for the coils and maybe some of the wiring and thought removing the airbox might be part of the solution.

·
Excel Addict
5,069 Posts
Thanks Duke - I think I'm going naked on the 900 and am looking for some room for the coils and maybe some of the wiring and thought removing the airbox might be part of the solution.
Our bikes are very ugly in terms of layout/wiring/oil lines etc. once the fairings are removed to go naked.

My airbox lid is cut out big time and it is a repository for the cables for the gadgets I run, so maybe you could cut out your's and mount offensive naked bits in the "new hole/space"

1861 - 1880 of 3754 Posts