Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 3760 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

Hello,
This is my 800 SS after the change the only ones ugly parts IMHO that has the SS ie. The next that I would like is the Sargent seat and the radial master cyl but I don´t know when ...
Regards
You have replaced the original tank pad/protection with some kind of carbon fibre part? How you have done this?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice Monty. Pic of MGA too please. Nice to see another MG / Ducati guy - I've got 2 BGT's and a '92 900SS :D
im not sure if this is against the rules but since you asked, taken at a local vineyard. 1961 mark II, much like a 900ss it will never be the fastest but it handles like a dream and just "feels" right....

·
Registered
7 Posts
he has bought the carbon tank pad here:

http://www.mblscarbon.com/engine/shop/index.html

the quality is alright, the weave pattern is a little coarser as with the
ducati performance carbon parts, but for that price one can't complain
anyways.

cheers
Does this come with similar "3M double-sided tape" as the original pad ?
Are the original (grey) tank pads available somewhere or is there other options for replacing worn pad ?

My bikes:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Does this come with similar "3M double-sided tape" as the original pad ?
Are the original (grey) tank pads available somewhere or is there other options for replacing worn pad ?

My bikes:
Yes it comes with double side tape but in my case I can´t make it works, after 3 times with diferent tapes I try with sikaflex and now it´s fixed.
Regards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Australian 750ss 2002

Mods
Staintune Pipes
BMC Air Filter
K&N Oil Breather
Carbon Fibre tank protector
Ducati Performance mono seat
Tinted Screen
Classic Decals

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Tasty! Where did you get the oil cooler cover? Or is it custom?
Maybe it's looks different due to the sun but it's a standard Ducati oilcooler.
I don't know from what year because when I bought this bike engine was completly damaged and I rebuild it myself so I also had to find a new Oilcooler .
While I was doing this I thought , what the hell I do the rest also.
So it took me 1,5 years instead of 2 month :crazy:

Wilco

·
Registered
143 Posts
MWR are the tubes a ram air system under the front of the fairing
Hi Dude,

A kind of , a ram-air system is when the tubes are connected with a closed airbox .
I cut mine off
I placed a filter on the carbs and he wouldn't rev above 7500 RPM anymore.
I found out that when you ride the bike , you create a vacuum behind the fiaring and under the fuell tank.
You can find out for yourself , at one point of speed your key ring of your ignition key will bend over to the front in direction of your tacho
(I hope you understand what I mean)
So I made these plate and tubes to guide air to the filter ,and it helps (a lot :D)

Wilco

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Dude,

A kind of , a ram-air system is when the tubes are connected with a closed airbox .
I cut mine off
I found out that when you ride the bike , you create a vacuum behind the fiaring and under the fuell tank.
You can find out for yourself , at one point of speed your key ring of your ignition key will bend over to the front in direction of your tacho
So I made these plate and tubes to guide air to the filter ,and it helps (a lot :D)

Wilco

thanks for the explanation I thought the tubes were hooked the a sealed air box

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Dude,

I cut mine off

Wilco
Hey Wilco,
sounds good......
Would you have any pics of it with the tank up and airbox removed to better see how you did it ? I know it would be ( fairly ) simple, but if you got pics I can cheat !!!

Cheers,
Darryl.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey Wilco,
sounds good......
Would you have any pics of it with the tank up and airbox removed to better see how you did it ? I know it would be ( fairly ) simple, but if you got pics I can cheat !!!

Cheers,
Darryl.
Hi Darryl

Yeah no problem , I hope I can make some pics tomorrow , it's so bad weather here and to make good pics I have to take the bike outside

I will show you how you can rev a 900 ss engine up to 10000 RPM with no Carrillo's , racecams , lightweight parts and with the stock carbs :D :D

Wilco

·
Registered
231 Posts
I would like to share some pics of my 1992 900 SL #123 from Belgium
Hey, you've got a great looking Superlight! What exhaust do you have on? It doesn't seem to have a balancer pipe linking the main header from the front cylinder with the header from the rear one, basically two individual pipes which is quite unique.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey, you've got a great looking Superlight! What exhaust do you have on? It doesn't seem to have a balancer pipe linking the main header from the front cylinder with the header from the rear one, basically two individual pipes which is quite unique.

Correct , the mufflers are std. 888 SP4 . They look great on the bike (I think ) and a friend of mine fitted the mufflers to the std pipes
He says that when you make a good exhaust you don't need balancer pipes.
He makes exhaustspipes for the factory teams of HVA and Husaberg Supermoto so I don't contradict him and let him do the job.
The sound is so different now , It's more between the 888 and the old F1.

When the wind is in the right direction , my wife hears me coming at around 3 miles :D :D.

Wilco

1741 - 1760 of 3760 Posts