Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1681 - 1700 of 3760 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I decided to post 3 more pics; I've done lots more upgrades since last time. After these pictures I installed Braketech Axis front rotors and an EVR clutch, also 1" lower CycleCat risers (better for the track and I got the last pair Oncycles had left!). I'm having trouble deciding on a paint scheme. Any ideas (not flat black :eek:)?
Joe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Paint Scheme?

Joe,

Bike looks great. Personally, I like the red and yellow paint scheme--see attached photos of my Supermono Conversion of my 1995 900SS CR.

It looks as if you have a similar seat section to the AirTech one that I have as well as the seat and seat bumper. How did you attach your seat and bumper to the fairing? I just got me seat bumper this week and trying to figure out the best way to attach it. I got some 8mm aluminum insert fasteners at our local Fasteners & Fire Equipment store and am planning to bolt through the fairing and secure the inserts with JB Weld in the seat and bumper. I did that for the seat with larger bolts and nuts (two in the center of the seat) but the seat rocks back and forth a bit. I thought with 4 smaller 8mm bolts it would hold it more firmly. Then for the bumper, I would use just two inserts with the 8mm bolts. Have you done something similar?

Anyway, try the yellow and red scheme. Let me know if you want the color numbers that I used. I'm sure your local paint store can match them.

Cheers!

I decided to post 3 more pics; I've done lots more upgrades since last time. After these pictures I installed Braketech Axis front rotors and an EVR clutch, also 1" lower CycleCat risers (better for the track and I got the last pair Oncycles had left!). I'm having trouble deciding on a paint scheme. Any ideas (not flat black :eek:)?
Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Beautiful bike, Sam! My solo seat base is a Sharkskinz (custom shaped by me to eliminate the tail light cutout shape). The seat pads are Ducati Performance pieces and they have nuts molded into the plastic base to bolt them on with. Very easy! I would be interested in the paint number for the red you used. I'll probably go with some varient of red and white, maybe green too to keep it Italian ;).
Joe

·
Registered
218 Posts
Finally finished phase 1

Hi Guys
have finally finished my first upgrades to my MHR look.

Next phase is getting the mid panel of the fairing done- minus the ducati bit- i want to use the 80's font to put in the 80's DESMO
and then put some graphics on the tank.

It's pretty deep winter here so hence the low sun!

Attachments

·
Banned
2,952 Posts
the hailwood paint scheme looks pretty well, much better than i thought it would.

:)

Joe i like your supersport a lot.

·
Registered
218 Posts
the hailwood paint scheme looks pretty well, much better than i thought it would

Yeah I seem to remember you weren't to keen Muschi-
It will look better when finished I reckon, but not bad for starters

·
Registered
639 Posts
Completey removed clutch cover, put new LED signals on, removed old hulking mirrors and put a very nice bar end mirror (which I like MORE and have a bigger bubble to see behind me) but can see a bit better through corners. I also fabricated carbon fiber plugs to go on the original holes where the mirrors were. Loving it thus far.

·
Registered
41 Posts
my red passion
Very nice looking SS. By the way, if you'd like to get your tank bumper in black to match your aftermarket seat, you can order one in black. I did a parts look up at Ducati Omaha's website ... I believe for a 99-00 900ss, back when the seat and bumper were still black. Ordered straight through them as well. I never have cared for the gray seat and tank bumper particularly on this model with the black wheels. Either way, gorgeous bike. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Red and Yellow Ducati Colors

Here are the paint numbers:

Red: Deltron 2000, Brand Code: 72060, Description: Indischrot, Indian Red, Mixing Scheme: Deltron 2000

Yellow: Deltron 2000, DMD 643 Yellow

They are both PPG paints.

Joe,

Bike looks great. Personally, I like the red and yellow paint scheme--see attached photos of my Supermono Conversion of my 1995 900SS CR.

It looks as if you have a similar seat section to the AirTech one that I have as well as the seat and seat bumper. How did you attach your seat and bumper to the fairing? I just got me seat bumper this week and trying to figure out the best way to attach it. I got some 8mm aluminum insert fasteners at our local Fasteners & Fire Equipment store and am planning to bolt through the fairing and secure the inserts with JB Weld in the seat and bumper. I did that for the seat with larger bolts and nuts (two in the center of the seat) but the seat rocks back and forth a bit. I thought with 4 smaller 8mm bolts it would hold it more firmly. Then for the bumper, I would use just two inserts with the 8mm bolts. Have you done something similar?

Anyway, try the yellow and red scheme. Let me know if you want the color numbers that I used. I'm sure your local paint store can match them.

Cheers!

1681 - 1700 of 3760 Posts