·
Registered
431 Posts
VERY NOICE

good luck cleaning it my black wheels where a pain in the ass

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeow, you call that a seat? Where's the license plate, brake light and rear turn signals?
The licence plate together with the brake light is not mounted yet,
it will be these days, so i will post the pics, cause it is on the left side of the bike and is not usable while working on the bike. There are no turn signals :) at all.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yes, there is a seat :))) here are some pics with the seat :)
Its not much of a seat but it looks good. Also the left and right engine covers
are painted in white.
Me thinks you should spend a little more time on that there seat. The rest of the bike looks very good, but most people if they saw that seat would think you just gave up. I would say either get a nice one made or make one yourself (not that hard). It will look a lot better, and will be a much more usable bike because of it.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Which has been converted to a Supersport by me:

The rear wheel has been changed from a 5.5" wide to a 4.5" wide one. I have a 160/60 Bridgestone tire on the back. I have not seen a single problem with the more narrow wheel. If anything, it rides better in my opinion. It was hell converting these Monster wheels to work, but it looks like I succeeded. I'm going to get the original front wheel straightened and powder coated black over the winter probably, so I can have a speedometer.
The Monster wheel doesn't work with the oem speedometer.

That is the JMC aluminum swingarm on the bike as well. It was not simple to install, but it also seems to be working. It is much lighter than the steel one it replaced.

·
Registered
431 Posts
dirk isnt your bike injected and have a rear speed sensor

·
Banned
2,952 Posts
Only the 2003 and later injected bikes had the rear wheel speed sensor. My 2002 has the mechanical speedometer that runs off of the front wheel.
might be this way with the sport bikes, the supersport 900 i.e. had the
mechanical front speedo in only '98 and '99 i think, all later ones should
come with the rear wheel speed sensor.
2002 supersport at least does, and the previous year also iirc.

:think:

·
Registered
431 Posts
my 02 monster had electronic was badged 03 but was a 02
i thought injected ones went electronic
u learn something everyday

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
might be this way with the sport bikes, the supersport 900 i.e. had the
mechanical front speedo in only '98 and '99 i think, all later ones should
come with the rear wheel speed sensor.
2002 supersport at least does, and the previous year also iirc.

:think:
Attached are the parts diagrams for the 2002 Supersport. As you can see, the speedometer has a cable, as in a mechanical drive, and the rear brake bracket has no electronic pickup.

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Bike #2

Been spending some time in the Superbike forum, but thought I'd share with my Supersport friends my new addition (arrives next week). I will be keeping my current 900SS.

New bike:
1995 Ducati 916..bought in Arizona from almost original owner. He bought in 1997 w 2k miles on it and has taken care of her ever since w great service history/records.

My current 900SS:

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Been spending some time in the Superbike forum, but thought I'd share with my Supersport friends my new addition (arrives next week). I will be keeping my current 900SS.

New bike:
1995 Ducati 916..bought in Arizona from almost original owner. He bought in 1997 w 2k miles on it and has taken care of her ever since w great service history/records.

Looks like a lot of upgrades have been done the 916. You'll have to provide us with comparisons between them.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Howdo!!!
Here's a few pics of me Superlight/ST3. 115Bhp n 77lb of torque n 185kg with a full tank of petrol. Even kept the 12volt socket n hazards :D

Cheers Pablo
Wow, you have spent a lot of money on this bike. Is the ST3 engine dual plug, or are the plugs just on the belt side of the engine? Very nice.

·
Registered
431 Posts
very nice pablo
how do u go with the front suspension does it ride nice or a bit stiff, its the same i have for my 999 hybrid.

that must be front wheel happy too very nice

1641 - 1660 of 3754 Posts