Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 3846 Posts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
pic of my SS

Some pics of my DS1000 SS :)

Google Earth -- Kopu Hikuai Road, Waikato, NZ.
This is one of favorte bits of road in the Waikato, NZ :)

Attachments

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
super sport pictures

it's a super sport, isn't it ? :)

had another blast with the moto guzzis this saturday, i should leave this
camp and get me one.

:think: :)

·
Registered
836 Posts
haha they look like the 1000 lemans to me?? did guzzi make an ss??

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
first is a 1980 Le Mans II, it is pretty much stock still, with 850cc,
the black and green one is a 1976 750 S3, taken to 950cc with
carillos etc., it runs pretty well.

:)

there is no supersport, but a naked V7 sport which comes pretty close,
the bigger guzzis from 850cc up got 78mm stroke, that might be a
reason why they feel so nice, even at road legal speeds.

·
Chilehead
6,979 Posts
first is a 1980 Le Mans II, it is pretty much stock still, with 850cc,
the black and green one is a 1976 750 S3, taken to 950cc with
carillos etc., it runs pretty well.

:)

there is no supersport, but a naked V7 sport which comes pretty close,
the bigger guzzis from 850cc up got 78mm stroke, that might be a
reason why they feel so nice, even at road legal speeds.

I prefer the feel of a short stroke Guzzi. The 750S we just rebuilt revs much nicer than the long stroke ones!

Tom

·
Registered
218 Posts
right side fairing

Heh Discotec
your bikes looking good- interested in one of your pics. Where does the master cylinder for your rear brake mount? It looks like its mouned on the lower fairing?? Or have you put a seperate bit of fairing over it?
Like the billet stuff- where did you get it?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Heh Discotec
your bikes looking good- interested in one of your pics. Where does the master cylinder for your rear brake mount? It looks like its mouned on the lower fairing?? Or have you put a seperate bit of fairing over it?
yeah he has an aftermarket cover over it, seen afew of them around these days.

looks good :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
First bike...

Hey noworld, congrats!!! nice bike!! By any chance, is this Ray Price's H-D bike? I was going to purchase but they told me they were waiting for some parts and then my trip got cancelled! I am pretty sure it is! Just that when I saw it, it didn't have mirrors at all! ;)

Once again, congrats!!! That bike has a very nice story behind it!!!

Enjoy!!! :D

Vickon:abduct:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Noworld, looks like we have the same exhaust system. I haven't seen many of them. Looks like your "mufflers" are angled up more though . . . I'll have to try and make mine like that because I miss my high-mount slip-ons I had before I got the Giocamoto full system.

So, what's the story behind the bike? Anyone have a link to the aforementioned article?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Story behind her...

Hey Nick, I haven't given up on you!!! ;) Still looking for that "story" behind your new bike!!! It may take me some time... but I know I'll find it and you will like it!!! That was one of the reasons why I wanted to purchase that bike after reading about it from the previous and original owner. I believe you are the third owner now!

Regards,

·
Registered
692 Posts
Red Menace...

Thanks Nick!!! I lost like 4 hours looking through the "supersport pics gallery" today looking for the article! I know the previous owner is a forum member!

That's the one!!! To me it was very interesting!!! I'm glad you found it!!!

Enjoy your beautiful 900ss!!!

Best Regards,

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Ss ds 1000

Heh Discotec

"Or have you put a seperate bit of fairing over it?" -- in the 3rd pic?? Its a Alloy Cover -- abit of Alloy 1mm plate, cut and bent around a old rotary E-shaft then two small holes drill, and bolt over the master cylinder -- Some Euro web site was selling something very similar but had a few holes drilled in it, and the asking price was something like 30 Euro, so I just made my own.
Alloy bits come from SSR -- SlingSlot Racing, but I've found it cheaper to buy them off E-bay, as SSR's web site seems to have higher prices on the shipping costs than his E-bay shop.

1561 - 1580 of 3846 Posts