Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 3760 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Recently finished putting my 93 900ss back together following the discovery of a crack in my frame last August.
Whilst I had it apart I painted the engine, had some JE hi comp pistons fitted. Polished the swing arm, fitted an i.e shock, new belts and shim adjustment, new chain and sprocket with wheely gearing!!, new rear sets, mini indicators and small number plate and someone gave me a carbon fibre rear hugger. Oh, had my seat re-painted and made some under seat brackets which were allways missing! I fitted the 916 front end and fcrs last winter. I am really pleased with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ive got a lovely tinted red windscreen njtrash is brand new would look great
only want $40 for it

·
Registered
577 Posts
Recently finished putting my 93 900ss back together following the discovery of a crack in my frame last August.
Whilst I had it apart I painted the engine, had some JE hi comp pistons fitted. Polished the swing arm, fitted an i.e shock, new belts and shim adjustment, new chain and sprocket with wheely gearing!!, new rear sets, mini indicators and small number plate and someone gave me a carbon fibre rear hugger. Oh, had my seat re-painted and made some under seat brackets which were allways missing! I fitted the 916 front end and fcrs last winter. I am really pleased with it.
that engine is tits..

i recently did the JE pistons as well, did you adjust the timing to compensate?

just wondering as I left mine stock and I get some pinging at high throttle applications.

·
Registered
55 Posts
that engine is tits..

i recently did the JE pistons as well, did you adjust the timing to compensate?

just wondering as I left mine stock and I get some pinging at high throttle applications.
No, simple answer, I did'nt! Not noticed any pinking. The chap who fitted them did comment at how well they went in.

Count

·
Registered
19 Posts
Supersport 1000DS (MY06)...last of the Supersports.

Mainly cosmetic upgrades, along with Termi's, DP Chip/Airfilter.

Just brought CF Full fairing from Italy, but decided after much discussion that the bike looked better with the original centre panel in red. It looked like a bike of two halves with the full CF fairing. Now considering having the CF centre panel painted red, and have the 'Ducati 1000DS' decal masked out to bring out the Carbon weave, similar to a 999R.

Just waiting for the 20k service, to add a few bits to the engine - lightened flywheel, ergal timing rollers, Veetwo clutch basket. May consider racing cams, and high comp pistons. But will need to improve my negotiation skills.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
1997 900SS CR
It was red when I bought it but had some cracks in the fairings and a couple of dents in the tank. Since I had to paing the whole thing, I went with something a little unusual for a Duc. Not too many two tone SS's out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
here is one of my favorite pics when I was building my first bike
love the look of them in the raw and all fresh

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
1995 Ducati 900SS CR/Supermono Conversion

I've just partially finished my 1995 Ducati 900SS CR/Supermono Conversion and entered it in our local motorcycle show here in Anchorage, Alaska. I finished second in the People's Choice Award to a radical custom Harley-oh well, no accounting for taste, especially in Sarah Palin's ex-state!!

I will be posting the multitude of parts I have for sale from the bike in the next few days.

The following is a description of the project along with the distributors and manufacturers I used:

1995 Ducati 900SS CR/
Supermono Conversion

In 1993 Ducati began production of the Supermono motorcycle that continued for 3 years and a total of 67 bikes. These motorcycles were only used for racing in the Sound of Singles, Supermono Class & Isle of Mann TT where the only rules were that the bike had one cylinder and that is it. Ducati promised to make a street version of the Supermono for years, but Ducatisti are still waiting for that to occur. Recently, an Englishmen decided to create a street version of the Supermono and it sells for approximately $52,000. Recently, I checked on an original Supermono and the asking price was $118,000. Since I always wanted this bike I decided to create my own version. Starting with a 1995 Ducati 900SS CR purchased in December, I began the conversion to the Supermono in January of this year. Modifications to the bike are as follows and supersede the original list that was submitted with the entry form.

Modifications:
Guide: Distributor 1st & Manufacturer 2nd.
Bodywork: Airtech-Fairing, Supermono Conversion Kit, Yoyodyne-Sebimoto Carbon Fiber Front Fender & Hugger from Czechoslovakia. SKUR Custom Carbon Fiber-Triple Clamp Cover & Instrument Panel Cover.
Brakes: Back wheel under swingarm Brembo brake from 1997 Ducati Superlight.
Cables: Galfer Steel Braided Brake & Clutch Lines.
Clip Ons: Parts 411-PSR 50mm Gold.
Clutch Cover: Scooter9488-MPL-Tuningparts Window Type I Aluminum Billet/Plexiglass Window from Germany.
Decals: Tapeworks Graphics-”Supermono/Desmoquattro” & “Agip”, Pro Italia-”Ducati” Raised Silver.
Steering Damper: European Cycle Specialties-Ducati Performance-not installed as yet.
Exhausts: GlobalMoto-Blueflame EVO Oval Stainless Steel Dual Port Slip-Ons from England.
Exhaust Modifications: Meineke-Chrome Extensions & Header Modification, Tim McKittrick-Exhaust Hangers & Pipe Bending.
Frame Plugs: Slingshot Racing & STM from Italy.
Grips: Motivation Accessories-Rizoma Sportline Gold Billet Grips & Billet Gold Barend Caps/Sliders.
Hardware: Lockhart Philips-Gold Bolts & True Value-Chrome.
Levers: Motivation Accessories-CRG Gold Adjustable Clutch & Brake Levers.
Lighting: Walmart-Optronics LED Burners & Fog Lights.
Oil Filler Cap: Pro-Bolt.
Painting: Dave Kusmiter.
Rearsets: Pro-Tek.
Reservoir Covers: Slingshot Racing-Gold Billet Aluminum.
Sliders: Lockhart Phillips-SpeedyMoto Underbody.
Sprocket Cover: Slingshot Racing-Gold Billet Aluminum.
Radar Detector Mount: Slipstreamer-not installed as yet.
Swingarm: Aluminum from 1997 Ducati Superlight.
Swingarm Spools: Pro-Bolt Billet Aluminum.
Tires: MotoCorsa, Portland, Oregon-Pirelli Diablo Rosso Front & AK Cycle Center-Diablo Corsa III Back.
Turn Signals: Lockhart Phillips-Clear LED on License Plate.
Wheels: Anchorage Custom Powder Coating-Back Wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've just partially finished my 1995 Ducati 900SS CR/Supermono Conversion and entered it in our local motorcycle show here in Anchorage, Alaska. I finished second in the People's Choice Award to a radical custom Harley-oh well, no accounting for taste, especially in Sarah Palin's ex-state!!

Exhausts: GlobalMoto-Blueflame EVO Oval Stainless Steel Dual Port Slip-Ons from England.
Exhaust Modifications: Meineke-Chrome Extensions & Header Modification, Tim McKittrick-Exhaust Hangers & Pipe Bending.
The bike looks so uber-clean, nice job on it. In your last picture (rear view), is the exhaust actually uneven, or is it just the angle of the picture?

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Ducati Supermono

I thought about calling it the Superdue/Desmodue, but the Supermono because it is a single seater and Desmoquattro because after all, it does have four valves even though there are two per cylinder!

As for the exhaust pipes being uneven, that is a bit of an optical illusion, but I do need to tighten everything up and even them out a bit more since it was just finished hours before the bike show.

Thanks for all the compliments--it was a lot of work!!

1521 - 1540 of 3760 Posts