Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 3754 Posts

·
Banned
2,952 Posts
It looks nice, but not many upgrades that I can see.
hm, the rear part of the frame has been altered, quite much, the tank
is made from two different supersport tanks, custom fibre glass tail,
nice swingarm, Imola fairing fitted quite well, what else can you ask for ?

:)

·
Registered
836 Posts
was gonna mention those too haha the frame isnt stock on the rear half from the foot pegs back.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
hm, the rear part of the frame has been altered, quite much, the tank
is made from two different supersport tanks, custom fibre glass tail,
nice swingarm, Imola fairing fitted quite well, what else can you ask for ?

When the question comes around "how should I upgrade my stock bike?", everyone says things like "suspension", "wheels", "brakes"... don't they? They don't say "fit custom fuel tank", "chop rear of frame", "fit non-stock faring".

It's a pretty bike, but the running gear appears to be mostly stock, but made pretty. That's ok, it's just not me.

·
Banned
2,952 Posts
that is the difference between custom and bolt on, first requires inspiration
and talent, second requires inspiration and money.
this bike is a perfect example, and it is pretty wild too, i love it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
When the question comes around "how should I upgrade my stock bike?", everyone says things like "suspension", "wheels", "brakes"... don't they? They don't say "fit custom fuel tank", "chop rear of frame", "fit non-stock faring".

It's a pretty bike, but the running gear appears to be mostly stock, but made pretty. That's ok, it's just not me.
no thats not right, anything is modifying your bike when it is not stock......a full anodized engine bolt kit for example is a MODIFICATION.

look at my bike, motors stock but i have a turbo bolted on and i have custom gauges and a 916 rear seat, even if the turbo wasnt fitted my bike is still modifyied.

you cant go bigger on the brakes on these things anyway haha 320mm is HUGE!! these run the exact same brakes as the superbikes, my front rotors were off a 998.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Well, like I said. This is not the common type of modification people usually do on these bikes. Of course the bike is modified. I never said it wasn't. Most people buy lighter wheels or a better suspension instead of what this person did. I'm not arguing with any of you about that. All I'm saying is that for me, it's not what I would do if I had the money. I'm not into stuff that just looks cool and doesn't perform, for the most part. To each his own.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
no thats not right, anything is modifying your bike when it is not stock......a full anodized engine bolt kit for example is a MODIFICATION.

Please stop putting words into my mouth that I did not say. I never said this bike was not modified. I said it was not the common type of modification and that it would not be something that I would choose. It looks good, but probably does not perform any better than stock.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
that is the difference between custom and bolt on, first requires inspiration
and talent, second requires inspiration and money.
this bike is a perfect example, and it is pretty wild too, i love it.

Excuse me? That is bullshit.

If you like the bike, then fine. It's a matter of personal taste. I'm not into something that looks fast but really is not.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Excuse me? That is bullshit.

If you like the bike, then fine. It's a matter of personal taste. I'm not into something that looks fast but really is not.
Oh please...
Most Ducati owners buy new stuff for their bikes to make them cooler or more desirable to them, not making them faster.
If you wanted the fasted bike and didn't care about a "cool" bike, sell your SS and get a jap 1k cc bike, it'll be faster.

Making a custom look for your bike is at least as cool as just bolting on some carbon stuff and pretending you're some street racer.

·
Banned
2,952 Posts
i testrode one that belonged to a customer some 5 years ago,
with close to stock 75cc engine, that thing scared me to death.

:think:

·
Registered
163 Posts
When I read ST2's post I misread it and thought it said Ducrape. Funny thing is it still fit.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Oh please...
Most Ducati owners buy new stuff for their bikes to make them cooler or more desirable to them, not making them faster.
If you wanted the fasted bike and didn't care about a "cool" bike, sell your SS and get a jap 1k cc bike, it'll be faster.

Making a custom look for your bike is at least as cool as just bolting on some carbon stuff and pretending you're some street racer.
+1
The best bike is the one thats just how you want it, mods or customizing are just a means to that end. IMHO that bike is faster than most folks will ever go on a public road and way faster than the squid that thinks huge HP on a dyno is the holy grail for a street bike.

·
Registered
692 Posts
No Wheels...

Very nice one!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just bought questa regazza this past weekend. Never owned or ridden one until now, but after a short trip yesterday, I think I may have been waiting for it all my life. :D
BTW I love seeing some of the mods you guys have done - there's so many that I really don't know what to do first (if anything).

·
Registered
692 Posts
Questa regazza...

Wow! Well worth the long wait! ;) Gorgeous bike! Welcome and ride safe!

Vickon:abduct:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Finally got mine out of the basement.

Did a little custom work on the exhaust, got the trim rings laser cut with DUCATI in the 80s lettering.

1501 - 1520 of 3754 Posts