1421 - 1440 of 3778 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
ETI Tank

Cut subframe

Upgraded 4-pad calipers with lite weight rotors

Flipped rear brake stay and used 996 caliper

Bruce Meyers built DS 1100 engine making 110 HP with 100 Ft LB Torq (ON RACE GAS)
340LBs with gas. What a hoot to ride!

·
Registered
279 Posts
nice bike. Other than the exhaust, tank and rotors, where else did you save all the weight? Also, what brand of race skins are those? I haven't been able to find any for the SS bikes.
Sharkskin bodywork,Mag wheels with ally sprocket,ETI tank,lite weight Batt, ally swingarm,fairing stay,cut frame,cut wireharness,Ti fasteners, rearsets. Penske shock,10 LBs taken out of engine,cut crack,rods,pistons,ect. NO street stuff on bike.

·
Flying Brit
1,793 Posts
This is one fast SS! ...I had to work really hard on my SPS to catch Bill up at Savannah.

·
Registered
7 Posts
New bloke

A couple of pics of the 2001 900 I've had just over a year. A few little mods to make it mine:D

Woodcraft clip-ons
Hugger on shed shelf
MPL Tuning Parts window clutch cover, countershaft sprocket cover and gold pressure plate
Seat recovered and black tank pad (didn't like the grey it had)
Dodgy home-made fender eliminator
New smaller indicators which would have been LED if I didn't keep blowing the fuse!
HID headlight which is only just better than original
Painted belt covers and header pipe with black hot paint
CF instrument surround
Air Box removed and pods fitted - powercommander still to come! Along with alot of other stuff thanks to the great bikes on this site giving me ideas!

Attachments

·
Registered
665 Posts
Well its taken 6 or 7 months but its (almost) finished. Rode my 1000DS today for the first time since all the mods and all seems good. Handeling a little edgey (better with the back wheell bolted up). I'll try and get the set up done over the NY holiday and try and fit the new ECU and enjoy insted of waiting for the FedEx man... thanks for everyones 10 cents

Thanks again DoD
Hey Duke,

I cannot see it very clear in the photo. What have you done to your rear shock height adjuster??

Flipped rear brake stay and used 996 caliper
Nice bike webman.

How comes you use an older aluminium swingarm on the 1000ds??

Bruce Meyers built DS 1100 engine making 110 HP with 100 Ft LB Torq (ON RACE GAS)
340LBs with gas. What a hoot to ride!
Nice numbers!! Could you give us some more details about the engine mods please?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey Duke,

Nice bike webman.

How comes you use an older aluminium swingarm on the 1000ds??

Nice numbers!! Could you give us some more details about the engine mods please?

That is the lightest swingarm.
Engine has the typical high performance mods along with careful tuning via Ulti-map adjustable replacement ecu.
Lightened crank,high comp pistons,rods,cams,headwork ect ect.
It was more or less"Here Bruce(Meyers),build me the baddest ass race motor you can"

·
Registered
665 Posts
That is the lightest swingarm.
Engine has the typical high performance mods along with careful tuning via Ulti-map adjustable replacement ecu.
Lightened crank,high comp pistons,rods,cams,headwork ect ect.
It was more or less"Here Bruce(Meyers),build me the baddest ass race motor you can"
Is that the same aluminium swingarm used on older SS bikes or is it from some other workshop/company/aftermarket kit?

I forgot earlier to say that the rear caliper from the 996 is the same as the standard one on the 1000. Or not?? :think::think:

he has raised the bike by 3cm now.
That's a bit excesive...

What's the point raising the rear THAT much??:eek::eek:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Is that the same aluminium swingarm used on older SS bikes or is it from some other workshop/company/aftermarket kit?

I forgot earlier to say that the rear caliper from the 996 is the same as the standard one on the 1000. Or not??
Its from an older SS.Lighter than newer one. The 996 caliper is smaller,but same bolt pattern.About a half pound less weight. The hanger is also lighter than newer model above axel hanger. No extra ally for the speedo connect.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Its from an older SS.Lighter than newer one. The 996 caliper is smaller,but same bolt pattern.About a half pound less weight. The hanger is also lighter than newer model above axel hanger. No extra ally for the speedo connect.
Do you know from which SS it came from? I am looking to replace my steel one with an AL one, but CL and Ebay have been sparse with this era of bike.

1421 - 1440 of 3778 Posts