Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 3778 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
2000 750SS - Work in progress

Here is my 2000 750SS, still a work in progress:

I've installed 1000SS swingarm, wheels, and (race-prepped) forks; Ohlins shock, CFM Woodcraft rearsets, EBC full floating front rotors, DucPond lightened rear rotor, and polished muffler hangars with the passenger pegs removed and the brackats for the pegs milled off. The bike came with the Sargent seat (looking to trade it for an all-black Sargent or Corbin, if anyone is interested) and an electrical system that was all screwed up due to an abortive attempt by the previous owner to convert the bike to a Monster-style roadster. He had gone so far as to have the top triple drilled and tapped for clamps.

Since I took these photos, I have also installed a set of Marving carbon fiber low-mount slip-on cans, lighter and slightly louder than stock.

This winter's mods include installing a set of radial brake and clutch master cylinders, CFM Woodcraft clip-ons, steering damper, and (temporarily) installing the BST CF wheels and the ETI-FuelCell composite sprint-style fuel tank from my 1000SS trackbike.

Yellow lightness ROCKS!

Tim
--
Herndon, VA

·
Registered
692 Posts
My 91' 900ss...

This is my baby, it's a 1991. I'm the second owner on this 18 year old Duc with 17K miles on the clock and still ticking like a new bike! I love it!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
How do you like the sound of your Two Brothers exhaust?
I've got TB's on my bike too... they're pretty dang loud. Agree they aren't as loud as D&D's, but they're plenty enough to set off car alarms just riding by. There are times when I wouldn't mind having the option of putting some db reducers in there like the ones that come on some of the other pipes.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi all!

This is my first picture post, so i hope i did it well. Not sure how to get ´em big on the main page though...

Mods so far: Ducati performance exhausts, K&N air filter, EBC HH brake pads, carbonfiber styled mirrors.

Pending: New turn signals.

Take care,

Robzy
She's a beauty. looks almost identicle to mine:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ducati 904cc fuel inj yr 2000 new old stock

3 in USA
Black is Black Pearl Frame weights 11 lbs
bike 365lbs mostly all Ducati motor, gauges, electronics

·
Registered
231 Posts
that bimota is a rare bird indeed! top shelf everything from yr 2000! i don't know why anyone moans about conventional fork tubes, those i would gladly trade alot of USD sets for. and to think that thing could probably be lightened up another 30-40 lbs with more recent advances in technology (meaning carbon wheels etc..) but it would be kinda crazy since there are so few (maybe a hundred worldwide?)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I picked up my 900 with the cans and clip ons then went to town on my bank account and added a slew of toys.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
I picked up my 900 with the cans and clip ons then went to town on my bank account and added a slew of toys.
Nice! All the additions look great!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My fist Duc in the background, bought new in '97. They're both stock. (Ducati's engineer are smarter than redneck)
M750 handle bar was recalled; I'd replace that with Yoshimura's clip-ons.

Attachments

1341 - 1360 of 3778 Posts