Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 3821 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ah, you suffer from the same illness as me...I realised I had Desmitis when I woke up one morning and found I had been dragging my knee off the side of my bed in my sleep and had worn a hole in the carpet! It can only be treated by riding a Ducati as often and for as long as possible but it is not curable...:eek:

Here are some more pics of one of my babe's, just to wet my appetite for the ride I have planned in the morning ;)
Desmobabe,

Beautifull!, nice bike also!. :pWe would look good together,although I'm a little older, our bikes I mean. Your Silver 800 and my Silver '98 FE.:D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Desmobabe,

Beautifull!, nice bike also!. :pWe would look good together,although I'm a little older, our bikes I mean. Your Silver 800 and my Silver '98 FE.:D
I love seeing lots of duc's together, old, new, as long as they are Ducati's ;)

Here are some more pics I took on Saturday while riding with some friends...

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Chuck, sweet looking bike. I'm in the middle of a winter clean, and i'm at the wheels. Did you get them powdercoated? If so, How did you get the cush drives out?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
My 1997 900 SS/SP converted to track use (a work in progress):
Marvic Mag wheels, Penske shock, Superbike forks w/Goldvalves and springs and 65 mm calipers, Benfer carbon Superbike front fender, Galfer braided brake and clutch hoses, Galfer Green brake pads, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder, Cyclecat top triple clamp and bars/risers, Renthal grips, Nichols aluminum rear brake rotor, Sargent saddle, CR 1/2 fairings with Airtech turnsignal removal "covers", Sharkskinz nose fairing, FBF/Weisco HC pistons, 41 mm Keihin FCR carbs w/cut off airbox cover and K&N filter, Dynacoils and NGK plug wires, DID Erv-2 chain and RRP Al rear sprocket, Hindle carbon cans and Sil-moto spaghetti exhaust (not on yet; should arrive Thurs.), Woodcraft rearsets and pedals, carbon belt covers, lightweight battery, lots of stuff removed (around 375 lbs without gas), Pilot Power tires and some things I probably forgot I did :think:.
Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
905 Posts
Got it a couple of weeks ago and am really enjoying it. Arguably a better handling bike than the other two. I don't get how people can own these bikes and not ride them. The bike I got had averaged under 800 miles per year. I've already put on 700 miles.

14 Posts
95 900ss project

i've had the bike since it was new. got a very wild hair this winter and tore it down to the bare bolts. now finally back together.

made the fairings from carbon fiber sheets myself using the orginal ones as a mold.

966 overbore, st2 cams, porting with 1mm oversize intake valve, dual plug, slipper clutch, then blue printed the engine.

sil moto headers. BST wheels front and rear, brake tech ceramic/carbon front rotors matched with brembo dual piston calipers. Ohlins rear shock and a showa fork from a 748 with Ohlins internals .

42 mm flat slides of course

corbin seat to match the carbon fiber motif.

guard dog keyless ignition

european style left control so i can turn off the headlight to start the bike with the speed cell battery

lots of little add on pieces and billet

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Got it a couple of weeks ago and am really enjoying it. Arguably a better handling bike than the other two. I don't get how people can own these bikes and not ride them. The bike I got had averaged under 800 miles per year. I've already put on 700 miles.
Nice stable you have going there.

I know what you're talking about. My bike was 5 years old (03 bought in sept 08) and had 2090 miles, for an average of 418 a year. I have since put on 10,200 miles, for an average of 930 a month.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My 1993 SS. I'm new to the site.
Great looking SS!!! I've been planning on powdercoating my frame and couldn't decide between black or red. I think after seeing your pics I'll roll with black when the time comes. Would you mind posting another pic of your pod filter set up? I've been thinking about cutting off my air box and mounting the pod filters on my FCR's.

Regards,

Jeff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great looking SS!!! I've been planning on powdercoating my frame and couldn't decide between black or red. I think after seeing your pics I'll roll with black when the time comes. Would you mind posting another pic of your pod filter set up? I've been thinking about cutting off my air box and mounting the pod filters on my FCR's.

Regards,

Jeff
Thanks! I have a twin Mikuni setup on there now. The updated frame has a brace welded across the center now as well. The original frame cracked.
Here are some photos. Let me know if these are good enough. I can take the side panels off for more if you would like.

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks! I have a twin Mikuni setup on there now. The updated frame has a brace welded across the center now as well. The original frame cracked.
Here are some photos. Let me know if these are good enough. I can take the side panels off for more if you would like.
Those pics are perfect. Thanks again!

1201 - 1220 of 3821 Posts