Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

761 - 780 of 3815 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sickduc

Here are some pics of my SS. 04 Ducati 1000ssds race program bike used as donor. ARC titanium frame. ARC stainless reverse meg exhaust (too heavy). BST carbon wheels. ETI kevlar/carbon 999 fuel cell. DP carbon fender and 999 tail. Seargeant 999 seat. Single Brake-tech front rotor. Ti shock spring. Nichols Aluminum flywheel. Ducpond lightened rear rotor. 520 chain conversion. Kevlar brake and clutch lines. 309 lbs street legal.
Also a pic of my 95 900ss.
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Here are some pics of my '94 SS/SP #068. Not much in the motor but I'm getting ready to drop a 944 kitted motor from my '95 in it w/41mm Keihin FCRs. Jet kit, K&N, airbox delete, FBF flywheel, Yoyo clutch slave, and MPL Gold pressure plate. The paint is Candy Apple Red over gold base. All the lettering is painted on with the exception of the Termi stickers on the exhaust. The CF mufflers, dash, rear hugger and front fender have aslo been sprayed with the candy red.
Other goodies are CF clip-ons, CRG levers, ShiftTech clutch and sprocket cover, Marchesini gas cap, Red LED lighting, MPL fork adjusters, SS brake lines, Smoked windscreen, CRM rearsets, Nology wires, Toby dampner, Corbin seat, vented belt covers, anodized reservoir caps, and of-course, a canisterectomy.
Wheels are from a 749. Used an AFAM 520 rewar sprocket w/Renthal front and DID Gold chain. Braking wave rotors front and rear w/Ti bolts and ceramic bearings. Probably left some stuff out but who's counting at this point. It's almost an addiction modifying this thing.:crazy:

I'd like to upgrade the rear spring to an Ohlins unit and do a revalve on the forks. I'd also like to switch the mufflers to LeoVincis since these are actually DIDs with a Termi sticker. I used them as a guinea pig for the candy of carbon fiber effect and threw some stickers I had from my 996 on them till I could get some new cans for it. I really want to build a 105hp 944 screamer w/my '95.
thats is one awesome looking bike , love your work, very cool :cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Scooter... that candy apple example is very, very haute. *thumbsup*

kensteele, those pics are makin' me really want the IOM '78 jacket...

·
Registered
185 Posts
DFD, thanks. It's Candy Apple Red over gold base. I wish my camera would take better pictures because it really fails to capture the depth of the paint, especially in the sun. Most of the time it comes out looking like a purplish burgandy with my camera. The guy who sprayed it is Jim Perry. Here's his website www.beyondthepaintinc.com

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
How can anyone mistake your bike for a Buell? Your Bike looks sweet.
For one thing its no where near as unattractive as a Buell. Those air intakes on the Buell really turn me off.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Ducati Newbie

New to a Duc, certainly not new to bikes. I had an old BMW airhead I refurbished, rode it for a while, and decided I wanted to try something different. It's a '92 900 SS I just picked up two weeks ago. It was strange - could be the first bike that ever seduced me - I had no choice. I gave in. :D

It's got just under 20K on the clock, and has been very well cared for. I'm having a lot of fun sorting through it (FCR's are on the way). Since this is my first post, uh, thanks for having me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
welcome to the club, very nice looking bike. Think about some dyna coils too, lower gearing and maybe a shock upgrade.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
welcome to the club, very nice looking bike. Think about some dyna coils too, lower gearing and maybe a shock upgrade.
Thanks - appreciate that. Coils are tops on the wish list, as soon as the credit card is done smoldering from all the stuff I felt I "needed."

Really looking forward to learning the in's and out's, as it were. Seems like I am definitely in the right place.

761 - 780 of 3815 Posts