Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

3921 - 3933 of 3933 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Are you sure that's a 96? I have a 96 and it does not have those duct openings in the middle back edge of the side fairings.
That's what I thought. Back up a few weeks I posted a pic of this bike and someone said that fairing design looked like 97, and the 98FE has it too. But the VIN and title puts it as 96. Maybe someone for some reason put 97 fairings on it at some point in it's history? Dunno.

edit: I do like the look though!

·
Premium Member
2016 Hyperstrada 939, 93 900ss, 2017 CRF250L RALLY, 2003 F650GS DAKAR, 1993 KLR250, 1986 HONDA TLR20
224 Posts
The weather is getting warmer by the day in the NE. Solo tail and panels due EOM from the paint shop getting revved up. And doing some mods on the XE for an off road trip.

·
Registered
1993 900SS
75 Posts
'93 900

Just bought this after a long search and many dead ends.

'93 well maintained. New battery, Michelins F & R, & clutch. Recent service inc. valve adj. and belt adj.

Within last 20,000 klms has had the following replaced; clutch slave cyl, fork seals, steering/head stem bearings, swingarm bearings, reg/rectifier, heavy duty wiring, ign. stator (?), cyl. head stem bolts upgraded to high tensile, pistons/rings/hone. Dunno if pistons are stockies or not.

Plan to install a carbie kit, upgrade coils, new cam belts.

The only negative is the highish klms - 90,000, however considering the above it's not an issue really.

And as can be seen in pics. it needs a seat cowl urgently as I'll reg. as a single seat. Does anyone have one for sale???

I can't ride much yet as still recovering from smashed and cracked bones in both feet so looking forward to riding it by Xmas!! Thank you Santa.
Hi grss
I have a 93 ss also and am wondering if the color scheme on the engine is original.
Mine has
  • black alternator cover
  • silver engine cases
  • black cylinders
  • black heads
  • black right side cover
  • silver clutch cover
  • silver valve covers
  • black cam covers

Is that what you have on yours?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Helge

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hi grss
I have a 93 ss also and am wondering if the color scheme on the engine is original.
Mine has
  • black alternator cover
  • silver engine cases
  • black cylinders
  • black heads
  • black right side cover
  • silver clutch cover
  • silver valve covers
  • black cam covers

Is that what you have on yours?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Helge
Yes to all I think. Best look at my pics, as memory can be faulty.
Cheers.

3921 - 3933 of 3933 Posts